A CUSTOMER'S BILL OF RIGHTS: Calif. dept. store adds WOW to service
- May Department Stores construction and remodeling plans. // Buildings;Oct93, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the modernization plans of the May Department Stores Company. Budget of $4.6 billion over five years; Retail floorspace included in the plan.
- May launches plan. // Inside Tucson Business;05/25/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p27
Reports on the plan of May Department Stores Co. to add 19 stores in the United States.
- May Co. sees net up 11-13 ... in years ahead. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/27/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 82, p1
Reports on the increase in earnings of May Department Stores Co. Annual earnings growth projected; Completion of major consolidation; Plan to open 100 department stores; Statistics.
- Corporate report. Hadley, Mark // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;12/26/94, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p19
Features The May Department Stores Co. Performance record; Directors; Executive compensation.
- Court blocks purchase. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1995, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on the preliminary injunction order issued against May Co. barring its acquisition of eight McCurdy's stores. Opinions of Judge Larimer; Argument made by May; Implications on future mergers and buyouts of department stores.
- May reports 8 percent increase for five week period. // Playthings;Mar94, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p10
Reports on May Department Stores Company's increase in preliminary sales for the period ended January 1, 1994. Statistics on sales for December 1993.
- May to fold Hecht's collections into St. Louis headquarters. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/8/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 27, p2
Reports on May Department Stores Co.'s decision to consolidate the collection office of its Hecht's & Co. division into its headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri.
- May Co.: Sales picking up. Yaeger, Don // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/27/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 98, p2
Reports on the forecasted increase in sales for May Co. in the second quarter of 1997. Financial performance in the first quarter; Outlook for the year 1997; Prospects for Father's Day sales; Company's priority on growing same-store sales.
- May Co. ongoing net up 22...in 2nd quarter. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/10/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 28, p7
Reports on the rise of May Department Stores Co.'s earnings before a nonrecurring gain. Nonrecurring gain for 1992; Same-store sales; Department store sales; Consolidation of Denver-based May D&F department store division into Foley's in Houston, Texas; Mergers in 1992; Number of stores in...