FOCUS ON FRUITS, VEGETABLES: Produce group urges shift in Dietary Guideline `core'
- Scoring Big. MAYER, MARINA // Refrigerated & Frozen Foods Retailer;Jul2012, p25
The article offers information on changing eating patterns of consumers in the U.S., adding greater variety of fruits and vegetables in their meals. Topics discussed include MyPlate, an update to the food guide pyramid released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA); the views of Elizabeth...
- Produce group targets Philadelphia school kids. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p26
Presents information on a regional partnership initiative by the Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH), starting in the Philadelphia market. Emphasis on marketing to children; Information on the plans.
- PBH EXPANDS CONSUMER WEBSITE. // SN: Supermarket News;7/5/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p19
The article reports on the launch of a revamped web site by the Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH).
- AGMA releases two new standards. // Machine Design;08/21/97, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p108
Focuses on the two standards which were released by the AGMA Acoustical Technology Committee. Information on `Specification for Measurement of Linear Vibration on Gear Units; Details on `Acceptance Code for Gears-Part 2: Determination of Mechanical Vibrations of Gear Units During Acceptance...
- End to private leases arriving in Smokies. // National Parks;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 66 Issue 3/4, p19
Discusses the well-connected Elkmont Preservation Committee's efforts to block the long-agreed-upon phaseout of the private leases on 46 summer homes in Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee. History of the Elkmont residents' agreement with the National Park Service; Lobbying efforts...
- Buletin M.P.W.S.--Sabah Women's Advisory Council. // Women's International Network News;Winter97, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p45
Presents the `Buletin M.P.W.S.' periodical of the Sabah Women's Advisory Council. Contents; Contact information.
- New Orem committee to study transportation issues, write master plan for city council. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/28/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p7
Reports that the Orem, Utah City Council has unanimously voted to create a citizens ad hoc committee to study transportation issues facing the city. Duties of the committee; Composition of the committee; Projected increase in the city's population by 2005.
- Downtown Center moves. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;2/5/96, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p34
Reports that the Downtown Committee of Syracuse Inc.'s Security & Information Center has moved from temporary space in Syracuse, New York.
- Grants for self-help groups. // New York Amsterdam News;12/30/95, Vol. 86 Issue 52, p5
Announces that applications are being accepted for the 1996 One City Awards from the Citizens Committee for New York City. Contact information.