FOOD TASTE'S NO. 1: How students rate foodservice
- Smaller Trays Provide Alternative to Trayless. // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p31
The article reports on the smaller food trays used by cafeterias at the University of Missouri as a way to reduce food waste. The university decided to implement the use of small food trays because students are not in favor of trayless eating. But Julaine Kiehn, director of campus dining...
- Bistro Stays on Schedule. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p4
This article reports on the opening of Wheatstone Bistro at the University of Missouri in Columbia despite a number of setbacks. The biggest problem was the closure of the company scheduled to deliver the casework. This also meant that a knee wall that was to be finished with the casework was...
- 1997: Food up 10.1% capital dollar outlays rise 17%. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p77
Highlights the results of a survey on the performance of food services in school districts in the United States in 1998. Growth of total food service expenditures by 10.3 percent; Factors contributing to the growth; Entry of contract operators in school cafeterias in various districts.
- Top 10: Participation, vendor prices drive budgets. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p80
Cites the results of a survey showing that the top ten school districts in the United States increased their food service spending in 1996 by 8.3 percent. Reasons for the increase; Estimated total food purchases of the New York and California school districts; Increase in the number of...
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- In brief. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Presents news items concerning the food service industry in the United States. Includes the popularity of the University of Southern California's catering facility as site for parties and special events; CulinArt's appointment of Tom Eich as president; Orion Food Systems' plan of opening four...
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: New Mex. students grab b'fast. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increased breakfast participation at an Albuquerque, New Mexico middle school after the district replaced its traditional service with grab-and-go breakfast carts. Statement from Gabriela Pachecho, district nutrition coordinator of Albuquerque; Information on the breakfast...