BY 30%: Shands expands entree offerings
- More hospitals consider spoken menu options. // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
Reports on hospitals' consideration for spoken menu options in the United States. Efforts of hospitals to increase customer satisfaction; Use of traditional and non-select menu selection process.
- More choice on the menu means less wasted food. // Nursing Standard;6/23/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the experiments conducted at the Wexham Park Hospital and Eastbourne Hospital in England where patients were given more menu options for their daily meals. Research finding that a la carte menus would save money, boost patient and staff satisfaction and help tackle malnutrition;...
- Room Service Roster. // Food Management;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p42
The article provides information on the room service programs offered by the hospitals of the U.S. It informs about the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, Dallas, Texas. It mentions about "Sodexo's At Your Request room service program which offers several varieties of food for the patients. It...
- Mex `turns up the heat.' Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p148
Discusses Mexican/Southwest cuisine contributions on healthcare cafeteria menus in the United States. Mexican items at Elizabeth Medical Center of Boston in Massachusetts; Consumption of fajitas in the hospital's cafeteria; Profitability of Mexican foods. INSET: Mount Miguel Covenant...
- NHS caterers can see nothing new in using plain English. Frewin, Angela // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/28/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4211, p9
Reports on the reaction of hospital caterers in Great Britain to newspaper reports that they have been forced to print plain English translations of some of their menus for patients. Remarks from Mike Hall, director of operations at the Blackburn, Hyndburn and Ribble Valley NHS Trust; Comments...
- Building a Better Workforce. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the Transition to Healthier Menus initiative at Baptist Hospital of Miami, Florida. According to operations manager Stan Hodes, they want to be the healthiest workforce in the country. Price incentives on healthier food options in the cafÃ© is one way in which Hodes has...
- Fully Committed. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p30
The article features Tim Bauman, director of food and nutrition services at 167-bed Wood County Hospital in Bowling Green, Ohio. He has been able to create an innovative and well-managed foodservice department. He writes a cafeteria menu that is totally different every week. He typically starts...
- Tundra Burgers and Eskimo Ice Cream. Freedman, Donna // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on foodservice at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. Traditional-foods menu; Sources of the medical center's food; Changes in the traditional-foods menu; Addition of Agutaq or Eskimo Ice Cream to the list; Dietitians' signing off on all patient food requests.
- MASS. HOSP. SETS UP ROOM SVC. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the benefits of the implementation of room service at the Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield, Massachusetts. Reaction of patients to the service; Menus offered to patients; Schedule of the room service; Cost-effectiveness of the service.