TARGETS 2- TO 6-YEAR-OLDS: Agric. Secy. Glickman unveils `young' Pyramid
- Passing the gavel. Gatty, Bob // National Provisioner;Feb95, Vol. 209 Issue 2, p22
Profiles Agricultural Secretary Dan Glickman. Responsibility for representing the administration in the formulation and passage of the 1995 Farm Bill; Food industry associations which believe in his capability; Interest in the government's grain pricing program.
- Former Kansas Congressman Glickman. Goodrich, Lawrence J.; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;3/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 80, p2
Reports that conformation hearings for former Congressman Glickman commence on March 21, 1995, for the post of Agriculture Secretary.
- David vs. Goliath? Bernstein, Amy // U.S. News & World Report;11/2/92, Vol. 113 Issue 17, p16
Reveals that in the home district of Rep. Dan Glickman (D-Kan.), Multimedia Cablevision has been airing 30-second `editorials' attacking the eight-term incumbent on ten different cable channels ten times a day. Glickman, who voted to reregulate the cable television industry, has demanded, but...
- Glickman nomination delayed. // American Nurseryman;4/1/95, Vol. 181 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the delay in the nomination of Dan Glickman as the US Secretary of Agriculture. Ethics questions on former secretary Mike Espy; Questions about the credit card issued by the Democratic National Committee to Glickman; Other Agriculture Department officials under investigation.
- Intel reform. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/26/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 17, p19
Quotes Rep. Dan Glickman (D-Kan.), new chief of the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, that US intelligence counternarcotics operations are `a management disaster,' but that fighting harder against proliferation and drugs means cutting `rather considerably' in other areas. Glickman...
- Nomination delayed. Stanglin, Douglas; Fenyvesi, Charles // U.S. News & World Report;2/13/95, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p30
Comments on the delayed nomination of former Rep. Dan Glickman as agriculture secretary. Background check being conducted on the nine-term lawmaker; Problem involving a credit card that sources say was issued by the Democratic National Committee.
- Dan Glickman. // National Journal;6/14/97, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1192
Profiles US Dept. of Agriculture Secretary Dan Glickman. Roles and responsibilities; Reputation as a political force; Highlights of political career; Major achievements.
- Glickman stand on crop ins. reform angers agents. Pasher, Victoria Sonshi // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/4/95, Vol. 99 Issue 36, p9
Reports that agent leaders were angered by statements made by Secretary of Agriculture Dan Glickman who appears to be putting off phasing out the dual delivery system for crop insurance. Comments on Glickman's statements; Continued evaluation of the dual delivery system; Role of private sector...
- Glickman, Hollywood push for Colombia free trade deal. Swanson, Ian // Hill;5/6/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p14
The article reports on the appeal of Dan Glickman, chairman of the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), to the Democrats to support the Colombia free trade agreement to improve and strengthen the economies and democracies of other countries.