ON GRANDPARENTS DAY: NY elem. schools build up breakfast
- The appley aroma of love. Goodhue, Emmie Leila // Christian Science Monitor;7/14/95, Vol. 87 Issue 160, p16
Describes the childhood memories of the author during her stay with her grandparents in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Sweet moments spent at a three-year-old's pace. Tiberghien, Susan M. // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/96, Vol. 88 Issue 245, p17
Presents information on the author's relationship with her grandson Paul. Author's experiences when her grandson stayed with her.
- Challenges and rewards: African American grandparents as surrogate parents. Burton, Linda; Devries, Cynthia // Generations;Summer92, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p51
Describes the challenges and rewards experienced by African American grandparents who are rearing their grandchildren. Case studies conducted in a Northwestern and Northwestern urban community; Providing care for multiple generations; Providing care for grandchildren; Toll on personal lives;...
- Ex-in-laws. // Single Parent;Feb85, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p24
Divorce-related emotions don't stop with the parents and children. Grandparents have their own reactions, sometimes negative. But continuing contact with grandparents can make children feel secure.
- Grandparents can be a joy (and a problem). Spock, B. // Redbook;Aug90, Vol. 175 Issue 4, p30
Covers the beneficial role grandparents can play in children's lives and how parents can keep from getting caught in a power struggle with grandparents.
- They won't tread on me. Hagaman, R.V.; Long, J. // Single Parent;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p34
Describes a divorced grandmother's assignment to give a demonstration speech in speech class. Other students' topics; Demonstrating changing a tire.
- Spare me a cottage in the woods. Robinson, R.; Long, J. // Single Parent;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p30
Relates the author's experience of becoming a grandmother at age 39. Initial horror; Breaking stereotypes of what a grandmother should be.
- Grandparents & stepgrandparents: How they can help. Summers, Marion // Stepfamilies;Spring94, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
Offers advice on how grandparents and stepgrandparents can maintain relationships with their grandchildren. Avoiding to take sides in an adult child's divorce; Making a special effort to keep up with grandchildren in custody of an adult child's ex-spouse.
- Good grandparenting. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Jan1993, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p6
Gives tips on how to maintain and enhance the bond between a grandparent and a grandchild. Benefits to the entire family; Societal forces against such relationships; Foster grandparenting. INSET: Closeness across the miles (long-distance grandparenting)..
- Home to grandma's house. Miller, Berna; Dortch, Shannon // American Demographics;Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p30
Presents statistics of children who lived with their grandparents. Percentage rate of white children and black children who lived with their grandparents household.