3-YEAR CONTRACT: Mississippi Corrections `bids out' foodservice
- BOOSTING SEGMENT SHARE: ARAMARK TO PURCHASE CORRECTIONAL F/S MGMT. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the agreement signed by ARAMARK to purchase `certain assets' of Correctional Foodservice Management. Purpose of the deal; Details on the contracts; Food service offered by ARAMARK.
- Aramark Acquires CFM. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p12
Reports the acquisition of Correctional Foodservice Management by Aramark Corp. Terms of the deal; Estimation of food purchases in the correction segment; Reduction of security anxieties.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p20
Reports on developments in on-site foodservice in the United States as of December 11, 2000. Aramark's plan to buy Correctional Foodservice Management from the Wackenhut Corp.; Culinart Inc.'s purchase of food management company P.M. Executive Caterers.
- Mississippi Corrections Director Christopher Epps wins award as Outstanding Corrections Commissioner in the Nation. // Jackson Advocate;12/22/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p13A
The article announces that Christopher B. Epps, commissioner of the Mississippi Department of Corrections, was awarded with outstanding Director of Corrections for 2011.
- Commissioner of Mississippi Department of Corrections Indicted on Mass Corruption. Shropshire, Terry // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;11/12/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that Mississippi Department of Corrections' Commissioner Chris Epps has been indicted of corruption, an investigation by the federal revealed that Epps accepted bribes in favor of no-bid contracts with the Mississippi prison system and resigned after his indictment.
- MDOC inmate pins hopes on parole. McBride, Earnest // Jackson Advocate;7/29/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 41, p3A
The article reports on Gerald Mangum, an inmate at the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) since May 1982, who was denied parole for the tenth times and claimed that he is being discriminated against the state's Parole Board and Hinds County Circuit Clerk Barbara Dunn.
- MDOC plans to remove state inmates from county work programs. // Jackson Advocate;5/7/2015, Vol. 77 Issue 31, p9A
The article offers information on the plan of the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) to end its Joint State County Work Programs in Jackson, Mississippi on August 1, 2015 making inmates who joined the programs to move to 17 community work centers in the state.
- Making Training Look Easy. St. Gerard, Vanessa // Corrections Today;Apr2003, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p16
Profiles Billy Sisk, branch director for the Mississippi Department of Corrections. Responsibilities of Sisk; Professional background; Views of Sisk on trainees.
- Commissioner of Mississippi Department of Corrections Indicted on Mass Corruption. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;11/12/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 34, p7
The article announces resignation of Chris Epps from the post of the head of the Mississippi Department of Corrections as of November 2014, after he was indicted for mass corruption.