Virginia Governor creates commission to focus on transportation planning
- Traffic forums foment talk of finance, freeways and Friant. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/31/2000, Issue 322571, p3
Highlights the California's Transportation Challenge forum on transportation financing in California. Proposals presented by assemblyman Mike Briggs; Transportation issues discussed in the forum; Topic of freeways as a source of conflict for mass-transit lobby.
- Funding sources still unclear for twin cities transit plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p3
Reports on the lack of certain funding sources for several transit projects proposed for Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Recommendation of new and improved bus service routes, new bus lanes, two new commuter rail lines, and construction of a second light-rail line over a ten-year period;...
- North Carolina legislators mull allowing tax hikes for mass transit. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;07/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30194, p3
Reports that North Carolina lawmakers are mulling over the idea of allowing local voters and politicians to raise taxes to fund bus and rail services. Plans by the cities of Charlotte and Raleigh to sell bonds secured by taxes; Role of rail transit systems in bringing down traffic jams;...
- Casablanca to invite bids to build tramline by April. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/15/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the plans of Casa Transports, the government-owned body in charge of overhauling Casablanca's transport network, to issue tender documents for the 850 million dollars contract to build the first tramline in the end of first quarter of 2010 in the largest city in Morocco.
- Talking transport. // Business News New Jersey;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p4
Reports on transportation policy makers and private companies' plan to congregate at the Transportation Policy Summit to discuss New Jersey' transportation funding needs.
- ONTC considering privatization. Gouliquer, Dianne // Northern Ontario Business;May97, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p14B
Reports on the possibility of the Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) privatizing some of its services due to funding cutbacks. Services overseen by ONTC; Draft plan for restructuring and downsizing; Uneven funding on its different services; Decrease in workforce.
- More Funding Needed to Deliver Public Transport Information Initiative. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Dec2001, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p5
Reports that the Travel Infosystems, the travel planning software provider, has announced that the findings of an independent survey reveal that 97 percent of local authorities claim they need further funding from central government to implement fully the Public Transport Initiative of Great...
- Washington lawmakers reconvene to tackle transportation budget. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;05/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30642, p29
Discloses the plan of Washington State lawmakers to address the state's transportation budget, which includes a portion of a bond package voters approved in 1998, when they reconvene in May 1999. Reason for the Legislature's failure to reach an agreement on the budget; Expected provisions in...
- TEXAS: Project Runway Set for Takeoff. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/18/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32715, p9
The article reports that Collin County Regional Airport in Texas is expected to receive $4.9 million in federal grant money for the design and construction of a replacement runway. The small airport, which serves the affluent and rapidly growing northern suburb of Dallas, Texas, is the focus of...