- House passes Omnibus $385-billion spending bill. // Human Events;12/10/99, Vol. 55 Issue 46, p27
Reports House approval of the fiscal 2000 Omnibus Appropriations bill in the United States. Allocation of the appropriations bill; Bill as incorporation of vetoed or unpassed bills; View of opponents and proponents of the bill; Problems with passage of the bill; List of legislators supporting...
- Senate nixes military abortions, closures, House oks larger defense authorization. // Human Events;07/17/98, Vol. 54 Issue 27, p22
Focuses on appropriations bills passed by the United States House, which include funding for agriculture programs, energy and water management. Reference to legislative bills which were rejected by the House; In-depth look at the legislative bills passed; Provisions of the bills that were...
- House Cuts Foreign Aid Appropriations Measure. // Human Events;08/11/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 29, p22
Reports that the United States House passed the Foreign Operations appropriations bill which would provide aid and export assistance to foreign countries on July 13, 2000. Amount of the aid and assistance; Reason for the opposition of some members of the House on the passage of the bill.
- House Passes Two Tax Cuts and Foreign Aid Bill, Senate Passes Huge Defense Bill and Moves on PNTR. // Human Events;08/11/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 29, p23
Reports that the United States House passed some bills on taxation and foreign aid as of August 2000.
- Sewer Funding Bills Pass House. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;May2007, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the passing of sewer funding bills by the U.S. House in 2007. The Congress re-authorized the Clean Water State Revolving Fund which provides money to the states to be used for sewer construction and repair. The House bill raises the authorization level for federal funding...
- House Increases Pension Contribution Limit. // Human Events;08/11/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 29, p22
Reports that the United States House approved a bill to raise the amount individuals may contribute to Roth Individual Retirement Accounts and retirement plans on July 19, 2000. Amounts of raise; Views on the approval of the bill.
- House Sends Final Defense Approps, Authorization Bills To Senate. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;9/25/2008, Vol. 239 Issue 61, p6
The article reports that the House has submitted the final compromise version of fiscal year 2009 defense appropriations and authorization legislation in the U.S. It states that the legislation extends the F-22 jet fighter line with the blessing of the next president and cutting of White House's...
- House Passes Final Version Of Huge Farm Spending Bill. // Human Events;12/3/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the passing of the agriculture appropriations bill for fiscal year 2002 in the United States House in November 2001. Government agencies benefiting from the bill; Allocation scheme of the bill for government projects; Members of the House who voted for and against the bill.
- It's Springtime for Appropriators. // Human Events;12/3/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 45, p19
Provides an update on the status of several legislative bills on spending in the United States House as of December 2001. Purpose of the House in passing a bill on investments; Information on the budget for the bills on agriculture and Commerce-Justice-State; Date of adjournment of the Congress.