Oklahoma lawmaker wants new debt-service source
- Educators Applaud as Newly Inked Oklahoma School Budget Tops $2 Billion. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;06/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31155, p5
Reports the increase of state education budget for the fiscal year 2002 by Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating. Expression of satisfaction from the Oklahoma State School Boards Association; Legislators of the HB1505 bill; Budget inclusions.
- Trying to Stand Firm on Some Shaky Financial Ground. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, SOUTH WEST p34
Reports on public finance conditions of Oklahoma as of March 3, 2003. Variation in the state's revenue during 1998-2001; Amount of bonds issued in various sectors; Proposed bonds issues in 2003.
- Oklahoma passes budget. // State Government News;May2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p9
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating has signed the state's fiscal 2001 general appropriations bill into law.
- Interest Savings. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports on the impact of structure of District of Columbia's sale of insured general obligation bonds on city government debt service over the life of bonds. Type of bonds sold by the district; Cost saving features of bonds.
- California Looking at Short Term. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31297, p1
Reports on plans of California to issue variable-rate debt and refund some outstanding general obligation bonds to defer near-term debt service under a financial restructuring plan. Benefits of the debt management plan for the state; Overview of the plan; Difficulties faced by the state to...
- S&P Downgrades Housing Bonds to Junk. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the junk status of four outstanding bonds secured by Section 8-assisted multifamily property mortgages in the U.S. Par value of the bonds; Deterioration of the debt service coverage; Ways to improve the financial condition of multifamily.
- SOUTHEAST BOND-WATCH. Sigo, Shelly; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p30
Reports developments on industrial bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Ways of paying debt service on the nonrated bonds; Deterioration of the financial condition in bond documents; Construction of a convention center hotel.
- Philadelphia Controller's Report Calls For City to Reconsider Debt Levels. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31062, p40
Reports the call for the reconsideration of debt service level for the bonding programs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Account of the report issued by the city controller Jonathan Saidel concerning the debt level; Assessment of the debt service level; Introduction of a bonding program.
- Alabama House committee considers using tobacco money to pay off debt. Menke, Arthur // Bond Buyer;03/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30607, p36
Reports that Alabama lawmakers are considering a bill that would funnel dollars from the state's share of the nationwide tobacco settlement into a designated fund that could be used to pay debt service on bonds. Bill sponsored by state Representative John Hilliard; Provisions under House Bill...