Island quarry has become largest in Canada
- Canadian Quarry Seeks Expansion. // Rock Products;Dec2013, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p45
The article reports that Lafarge Canada has registered for an extension project for an environmental assessment to expand its quarry in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canda while ensuring a stable supply of aggregates for the southern Nova Scotia construction industry.
- TEAMWORK KEEPS QUARRY ALIVE. Noble, Russell // Canadian Mining Journal;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses the partnership of Lafarge Canada Inc. and Ducks Unlimited in helping to ensure that Lafarge's planned expansion of its Brookfield quarry would be beneficial to the environment and its birds and waterfowl. Due to the increasing demand for cement, Lafarge Canada Inc., a...
- Advancing the stone tradition of Southern Spain. Reis, Michael // Stone World;May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p164
No abstract available.
- Proper utilization of the Bench Quarrying Method. Gobbett, James; Meccanica, Pellegrini // Stone World;May2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p126
Presents information on the Bench quarrying method used in stone extraction and handling.
- Miners getting caught between rock, hard place. Sutherland, Billie // San Diego Business Journal;6/27/94, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p1
Focuses on the rock and quarry mining industry of San Diego County, California. Number of mining sites in the county; Employees' attendance of safety meetings; Environmentalists' views on the industry; Upgrading of infrastructure by government agencies; Identification of suitable materials;...
- Part 46: Countdown to October 2000. Wolf, Terry // Pit & Quarry;Nov99, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p8
Part I. Examines the Part 46 training requirement in the pit and quarry industry. Provisions under the Part 46; Uniqueness of the training requirement. INSET: Where to go for help.
- A stoneworking culture in the mountains of Brazil. Reis, Michael // Stone World;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p48
Offers a look at the stone fabricating and quarrying firms in the Brazilian state of Espiritu Santo.
- TOP news. // Pit & Quarry;Dec2000, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p6
Covers trends and topics for stone producers in the United States as of December 2000. Stand of the state of Arizona on the proposed Proposition 202; Sales decline of U.S. Aggregates Inc.; Completion of the tender offer of Cemex SA de CV for Southdown Inc.
- Top News. // Pit & Quarry;Jul2002, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p4
Presents an update on U.S. quarrying and stone industry as of July 2002. Top states in the production-for-consumption of crushed stone and construction sand and gravel; Quarrying operation purchased by Martin Marietta Materials; Acquisition of Choctaw Inc. by Hanson PLC.