Island quarry has become largest in Canada
- Canadian Quarry Seeks Expansion. // Rock Products;Dec2013, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p45
The article reports that Lafarge Canada has registered for an extension project for an environmental assessment to expand its quarry in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canda while ensuring a stable supply of aggregates for the southern Nova Scotia construction industry.
- TEAMWORK KEEPS QUARRY ALIVE. Noble, Russell // Canadian Mining Journal;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses the partnership of Lafarge Canada Inc. and Ducks Unlimited in helping to ensure that Lafarge's planned expansion of its Brookfield quarry would be beneficial to the environment and its birds and waterfowl. Due to the increasing demand for cement, Lafarge Canada Inc., a...
- Advancing the stone tradition of Southern Spain. Reis, Michael // Stone World;May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p164
No abstract available.
- Proper utilization of the Bench Quarrying Method. Gobbett, James; Meccanica, Pellegrini // Stone World;May2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p126
Presents information on the Bench quarrying method used in stone extraction and handling.
- Miners getting caught between rock, hard place. Sutherland, Billie // San Diego Business Journal;6/27/94, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p1
Focuses on the rock and quarry mining industry of San Diego County, California. Number of mining sites in the county; Employees' attendance of safety meetings; Environmentalists' views on the industry; Upgrading of infrastructure by government agencies; Identification of suitable materials;...
- A stoneworking culture in the mountains of Brazil. Reis, Michael // Stone World;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p48
Offers a look at the stone fabricating and quarrying firms in the Brazilian state of Espiritu Santo.
- Top News. // Pit & Quarry;Jul2002, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p4
Presents an update on U.S. quarrying and stone industry as of July 2002. Top states in the production-for-consumption of crushed stone and construction sand and gravel; Quarrying operation purchased by Martin Marietta Materials; Acquisition of Choctaw Inc. by Hanson PLC.
- Brand New. // Pit & Quarry;Jul2002, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p14
Evaluates several equipment and supplies used in the quarrying industry. Benefits of TB-XC Series of boxed housing breakers from Breaker Technology Inc.; Features of PT Max conveyor belt trainer from Flexco; ThunderRod drill string system from Ingersoll-Rand.
- America's Least Wanted Aggregate Specs. // Pit & Quarry;Jul2002, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p22
Discusses several aspects of aggregate specifications. Use of fineness modulus of an aggregate; Method of measuring particle size; Details of the Shilstone method.