Take Positions on Social Issues
- Large-District Superintendencies Change Hands. Mirga, Tom // Education Week;8/25/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 41, p7
The article reports on the a study regarding job-related conflicts and pressures that are prompting school superintendents to leave their current positions at a faster rate. According to educational administration professor Luvern L. Cunningham at Ohio State University, there has been an...
- The BERA Special Interest Group on Leading and managing schools and colleges. Busher, Hugh // Management in Education (Education Publishing Worldwide Ltd);2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p14
Features the BERA Special Interest Group. Management of schools and colleges in Great Britain; International membership of the group; Discourse on the leadership and management of education.
- 'Mission control: we have contact'�how we made the connection. Aslett, Julie // Australian Library Journal;May2002, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p135
Focuses on the launch of the 'Getting online @ Griffith University' project in Queensland. Mission and goal of the project; Initial stage in the implementation of the project; Format of the project.
- Survival and Success: The Saint Joseph's Experience. House, David B. // Connection (0895-6405);Fall2002, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the strategic planning at Saint Joseph's College in Maine. Relevance of liberal arts colleges; Closure of several New England colleges; Enrollment statistics in 1995.
- The Bureaucratisation of Universities. Gornitzka, �se; Kyvik, Svein; Larsen, Ingbild Marheim // Minerva: A Review of Science, Learning & Policy;Spring1998, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p21
Discusses key issues concerning administrative and academic bureaucratization in universities in the U.S. Historical background on the bureaucratization of universities; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on school administration.
- Colleges can share wealth without breaking bank. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p12
Requests Indianapolis, Indiana-area private colleges and universities to pass on a larger portion of their blessings to their students. Growth of endowments received by local institutions; Emphasis on stocks; Calls for schools to improve the quality of life on their campuses.
- The Faculty Role in University Governance. Yoder, Dale // Journal of the Academy of Management;Dec62, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p222
Presents information on a study which reviewed the role of faculty member in improving the state of university governance. Symptoms and problems in university governance; Prognosis and treatment of the problems; Conclusions.
- Charles Stuart University: A case study of institutional amalgamation. Hatton, Elizabeth J. // Higher Education;Jul2002, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p5
Examines the institutional amalgamation of Charles Sturt University (CSU) in New South Wales. Creation of the CSU; Efficiency of the management in CSU; Suggestions for reform of amalgamated universities.
- Rabbits, Rabbits Everywhere. Goral, Tim // University Business;May2008, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the rabbit problem on the campus of University of Victoria in Victoria, British Columbia. The school administration is planning some solutions to reduce the population of the rabbits. They plan to segregate the males and females so they cannot mate. They also plan to...