Measuring the severity of depression and remission in primary care: validation of the HAMD-7 scale
- Invited commentaries on: Evaluation of lCDâ€”b PHC mental health guidelines in detecting and managing depression within primary caret. Brown, Tom M. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Nov99, Vol. 175, p483
The article comments on a study that evaluated the ICD-10 PHC mental health guidelines for the detection and management of mental depression within primary care. According to one of the people who evaluated the study, it is possible that the methods used in the research were too blunt to detect...
- Predictive Value of Self-Reported and Observer-Rated Defense Style in Depression Treatment. Van, Henricus L.; Dekker, Jack; Peen, Jaap; Abraham, Robert E.; Schoevers, Robert // American Journal of Psychotherapy;2009, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p25
This study explored the predictive value of observer-rated and self-reported defensive functioning on the outcome of psychotherapy for the treatment of depression. Defense styles were measured according to the Developmental Profile (DP) and the Defense Style Questionnaire (DSQ) in 81 moderately...
- Public attitudes to depression in urban Turkey. Ozmen, Erol; Ogel, Kultegin; Aker, Tamer; Sagduyu, Afsin; Tamar, Defne; Boratav, Cumhur // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Dec2004, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p1010
Background The aim of this study was to determine public attitudes towards patients with depression and the influence of perception and causal attributions on social distance towards individuals suffering from depression in urban areas. Methods This study was carried out with a representative...
- Confused, anxious and bipolar? Kimmel, Michael // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/20/2005, Issue 930, p35
Provides information about anxiety and depression. Symptoms of depression; Common causes of depression; Various types of anxiety.
- NICE's 'hard to follow' depression guidance. Pedder, Cato // Pulse;1/12/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the national guidelines on treatment of depression in Great Britain. Key requirements of the guidelines; Role of general practitioners in implementing the guidelines; Recommended treatment methods for depression under the guidelines. INSET: NICE depression guidelines: key proposal.
- Managing depression: an overview. // Primary Health Care;Mar2004, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p43
Presents various strategies for the management of depression. Incidence of depression; Common signs and symptoms of the condition; Outline of the range of severity of depression; Possible causes; Effective treatment strategies; Strategies for preventing the condition.
- Soothing Oneself and Resisting Self-Attacks: The Treatment of Two Intrapersonal Deficits in Depression Vulnerability. Kelly, Allison C.; Zuroff, David C.; Shapira, Leah B. // Cognitive Therapy & Research;Jun2009, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p301
Self-critical individuals are more likely to become and remain depressed (Blatt, Experiences of depression: Theoretical, research and clinical perspectives, American Psychological Association Press, Washington, DC, 2004). This vulnerability to depression may reflect the association of trait...
- Correlation of magnesium intake with metabolic parameters, depression and physical activity in elderly type 2 diabetes patients: a cross-sectional study. Jui-Hua Huang; Yi-Fa Lu; Fu-Chou Cheng; Ning-Yuean Lee, John; Leih-Ching Tsai // Nutrition Journal;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p41
Background: Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a major global public health problem in the worldwide and is increasing in aging populations. Magnesium intake may be one of the most important factors for diabetes prevention and management. Low magnesium intake may exacerbate metabolic abnormalities. In...
- FEATURE "X". Rutherford, Kathleen // America;9/13/1952, Vol. 87 Issue 24, p567
The author discusses the two factors which might help people with nervous breakdown. These two factors are diagnosis of the patient's illness and therapy. She cites various therapeutic activities which can be helpful for patients to become productive individuals and can enable them to focus on...