THROUGH THE WIRE
- Kids Upfront In Play. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;7/1/2002-7/8/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the growth in upfront negotiations for kids inventory with cable networks in the U.S. as of July 2002. Observations of media buyers on key kids periods; Percentage of children who watch Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network; Forecast on kids dollar volume.
- Jornalismo para crianÃ§as: um serviÃ§o pÃºblico da televisÃ£o portuguesa. DIAS, ANELISE SCHÜTZ; BORGES, GABRIELA // Estudos em Jornalismo e MÃdia;jul-dez2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p397
The objective of public television is to offer a program schedule based in contents that differ from commercial programming. It has to obey quality parameters and serve the society. In Portugal, the Radio e TelevisÃ£o Portuguesa second channel, RTP2, aims to inform, preserve democratic values...
- Children and Television News. Drew, Dan G.; Reeves, Byron B. // Journalism Quarterly;Spring80, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p45
Looks into the perception of children on television news and their relation to exposure in the U.S. Data indicating a number of school children watch television news formats designed for both adults and children; Preference of the children to local news; Design functions of television news as...
- 'Idol' makers pitch H'w'd. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;9/6/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 68, p1
Reports that television producer and distributor Fremantle Media will propose its drama concept 'Women Behind Bars' to broadcast networks in the U.S. Success of Fremantle's 'American Idol' singing competition on Fox Television; Transfer of executive Jason Daniel to Los Angeles, California, to...
- 'Idol' hands crafting laffs. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;11/2/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 22, p1
Reports that FremantleMedia Ltd., producer of television show "American Idol," has launched the inhouse production unit Instant Comedy Project in the United States. Establishment of the unit as an answer to the complaints of television network executives about the state of comedy programs;...
- Pearson TV redubbed Fremantle. Dawtrey, Adam // Daily Variety;8/21/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 57, p8
Highlights Pearson Television's decision to change its name to FremantleMedia following its merger with CLT/Ufa to create RTL group in 2000.
- Pearson becoming Fremantle. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/21/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the renaming of global television broadcasting company Pearson Television to FremantleMedia. Reasons behind the company's move; Merger with CLT-UFA to form the RTL Group; Pearson's plan to sell its stake in RTL.
- Fremantle boosts senior team. Turner, Mimi // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/8/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 27, p10
Reports that global entertainment producer FremantleMedia Ltd. has announced a realigned senior management team with a greater concentration on the U.S. television market. Officials who have been appointed by the company; Responsibilities of the officials; Parent company of FremantleMedia Ltd.
- Marine Marathon attracts thousands of runners to nation's capital. // Marines;Dec95, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the Marine Corps Marathon held last October 22, 1995 in Washington, District of Columbia. Participation of 16,200 runners; Gathering of participants near the Marine Corps War Memorial; Winners of the event.