Iowa Interest Groups Vie For Municipal-Net Votes
- OneCleveland adopts a new name. Glenn, Brandon // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p18
This article reports that the nonprofit organization OneCleveland has announced the change of its name to OneCommunity. The organization provides a so-called "ultra-broadband" network that connects local nonprofits. According to president Scot Rourke, the organization changed its name to its new...
- From the Chair. Evans, Bruce // Music OCLC User Group Newsletter;Sep2014, Issue 117, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the joint meeting by the music online computer library center Inc. (OCLC), recommendations to the financial planning working group (FPWG) and the 2015 organization's officer elections.
- Telebrasil: 83m broadband accesses at end- September. // Latin America Telecom;Oct2012, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p5
The article presents information on a report from the non-profit organization Associacao Brasileira de Telecomunicacoes, according to which, there was a total of 83 million broadband connections in Brazil at the end of September 2012.
- Critical Communications Broadband Group looks to global standard. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;5/ 3/2012, p2
The article focuses on a plan by the new Critical Communications Broadband Group (CCBG) to facilitate the development and adoption of common global mobile broadband standards and solutions for users who operate in a mission critical or business critical environment.
- Broadband must be available in rural areas as well. // Electronics Weekly;11/27/2002, Issue 2078, p17
Presents information on the Broadband Stakeholder Group's second annual report presented to the British government regarding the need to increase broadband coverage in the country. Pledge of the government to provide broadband Internet access for different institutions; Estimated number of...
- Nonprofits urged to activism as city gears up for electoral changes in 2001 municipal elections. // New York Amsterdam News;05/25/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 21, p50
Focuses on the sponsorship by management consulting group Nonprofit Connection of a series of forums aimed at encouraging nonprofits to become prepared for electoral changes in the 2001 municipal elections in New York City. Topics for discussion; Schedule of events; Contact information.
- The Carter Center. Graf, Christine // Faces;Sep2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p12
The article presents information on the Carter Center founded by 39th U.S. President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn Carter. It is a privately funded, nonprofit organization that works in partnership with Emory University to promote democracy and improve health and human rights around the...
- PROJECT WILL BOOST VOTER REGISTRATION. Radosta, Jim // Just Out;4/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p13
Reports that the Basic Rights Education Fund has joined nonprofit organizations in a project that aims to register voters in underrepresented communities in Oregon. List of participating community groups.
- County's broadband efforts up for award. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;1/28/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that Westchester County, New York, has been nominated for the 2008 Intelligent Community of the Year award from the Intelligent Community Forum (IFC) for its broadband network that serves over 3,500 companies in the county. A nonprofit organization, IFC focuses on the...