Level 3 To Acquire More Backbone
- DG FastChannel Buys Vyvx Ad Biz. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;12/31/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 51, p20
The article reports that the digital advertising delivery company DG FastChannel has agreed to purchase its major competitor Vyvx from Level 3 Communications for $129 million. The acquisition continues the company's move to consolidate the file-based content delivery business. The addition of...
- GENUITY DEAL NOT ENOUGH FOR LONG HAUL. Weber, Toby // Telephony;12/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p9
Focuses on the plan of Level 3 Communications Inc. to acquire Genuity Inc. out of bankruptcy in the U.S. Factors leading the carriers to bankruptcy; Fears of industry watchers on the trend; Possibility that some restructure carriers could declare bankruptcy again.
- Buyer beware of telecom gear. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;12/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p11
Reports on the decision of Level 3 Communication Inc. to acquire the assets of Genuity Inc. Trends set up in business scenario by such acquisitions; Apprehensions of getting involved in such business trends; Buyers registered to bid on the assets.
- CenturyLink, Level 3 Stocks Spike; Merger Of Equals? KRAUSE, REINHARDT // Investors Business Daily;10/27/2016, p11
The article reports that the shares of local phone company CenturyLink and Level 3 Communications have both increased on October 27, 2016 after a report that they are in advanced talks to merge their businesses.
- Super Bowl Gets a Hi-Def Update. Trigoboff, Dan // Television Week;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p50
Describes the technology used by Vyvx, a division of WilTel Communications, during the television broadcast of the Super Bowl football game on February 1, 2004. Comments from Derek Smith, vice-president and general manager of Vyvx, about the technology; Opinion of Joe Snelson, Vyvx...
- Tekelec/Level 3 Communications Sign `Data/Voice Over IP' Pact. // Computer Protocols;Jul99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the announcement of Tekelec that Level 3 Communications Inc. has signed an agreement to purchase IP7 Secure Gateways. Objective of the agreement; Role of IP7 Secure Gateways in the agreement; How IP7 Secure Gateway will use Teklec transport adaptation layer interface; Comments from...
- Level 3 Prices Upsized $600M Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/30/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p14
The article reports on an upsized junk bond issued by Level 3 Communications via a drive-by offering on May 25, 2011 as part of its plan to close an acquisition deal.
- Enterprise sales could boost Level 3 earnings. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;5/8/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on Level 3 Communications' multiple acquisitions and shift to metro market in order to attract high-end enterprises. The company with CEO James Crowe is attuned to make a Metro Networks business and targets those in need of high-capacity connections. This will generate income...
- Changes afoot for Genuity customers. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;2/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the Level 3 Communications' acquisition of the Internet service provider, Genuity. Level 3's integration plans for the Genuity; Value of the acquisition deal; Effect of the acquisition on Genuity customers.