'Lost' in Transition: iPod's Wakeup Call
- VOD Bypass? Disney-ABC Makes Shows Available for Download. // CableFAX Daily;4/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p1
Relates the reaction of the cable television industry to the plans of Disney to make four of its popular series available for free via abc.com in 2006. Implication on video-on-dial programming; Television programs included in the deal; Target market of the programming experiment; Stand of Dick...
- Net Gets Its AARP Card. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p22
The article reports on the deal between cable television network Retirement Living TV with AARP. The production and distribution deal will also include development of original content for the network. According to the agreement, the network will develop several new original series from the...
- Untitled. // Cable World (10427228);7/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p5
Reports that Hawkeye and the members of the U.S. 4077th military troops will be sending their greetings from Korea via the Hallmark Channel beginning in the fall of 2003. Information on the television series MASH.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p37
Reports developments in the U.S. cable television industry as of September 30, 2002. Changes in the programming of Turner Network Television; Agreement between MTV Networks and the CTN Media Group; Subscribers of TechTV.
- CABLE IS RAISING THE ROOF. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p14
The article reports that cable networks in the U.S. achieved record ratings in 2007, with USA Network registering the largest number of primetime viewers in cable history. Disney Channel posted the best audience delivery for a movie in cable history with its "High School Musical 2," TNT posted...
- Growth Spurt for Two-Year-Old Sprout. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p6
The article reports on the growth of the PBS Kids Sprout cable television channel. The channel will turn 2 on September 26, 2007. The occasion is witnessing the channel with a new, live morning program and a deal with Time Warner Cable Inc. The channel signed a distribution contract with Time...
- Disney XD engages kids 6-14 with strong creative content. // Adweek;2/15/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 7, pK4
The article, part of a special advertising section, focuses on the cable television network Disney XD, which offers animated and live-action programs aimed at children ages 6-14. The operations of the network's Web site are discussed. Brief descriptions are presented of various television...
- 'Ferb' Goes Global at Premiere. HAUGSTED, LINDA // Multichannel News;11/19/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p29
The article reports that cable operator Disney Channel will launch an animated series, "Phineas and Ferb," in February 2008. The two-dimensional animation series is the brainchild of Dan Povenmire and Jeff Marsh. The launch stunt will cause some juggling, as only 26 episodes of the series have...
- Comedy Central Inks Two-Year Pact for Chappelle. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p8
Reports on the decision of cable communications network Comedy Central to sign Dave Chappelle as an artist, writer, and executive producer of the network from 2004 to 2006. Terms of the agreement; Rating of the television program Chappelle's Show; Revenues from the DVD releases from the show.