Designing the Mouse's New-Media House
- Disney.com Reboot Focuses on Content. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;10/8/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p10
The article reports on the re-launch of the redesigned web site of Walt Disney Co., which comes as part of the company's initiative to simplify user experience by loading clips faster.
- MEDIA ON TRIAL. Suchet, Peter // Media Week;1/8/2008, Issue 1144, p9
The article reviews the web site Walt Disney Company, available at Disney.co.uk.
- Playhouse Disney. Joseph, Seb // New Media Age;2/24/2011, p40
The article reviews the web site Playhouse Disney on disney.co.uk/playhouse from Walt Disney Co.
- EchoStar, Cablevision: Future Acquisition Targets? S.H. // High Yield Report;2/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
No abstract available.
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;1/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1
Presents news briefs concerning cable television as of January 2006. Completion of the $7.4 billion deal by Walt Disney with Pixar; Addition of Fine Living to America's Top 180 package of EchoStar; Partnership of UPN and The Warner Bros. for The CW network that will debut in the fall of 2006.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;1/30/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p18
This article offers news briefs on the U.S. cable and telecommunication industries, as of January 30, 2006. Mitch Rose is resigning from his government relations post at The Walt Disney Co. The American Cable Association welcomed the support of EchoStar Communications Corp. in its fight against...
- Dis heads to Family court over EchoStar's sat plan. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/18/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the legal fight of Walt Disney Co. against EchoStar's plan to drop the ABC Family Channel from its satellite platform in the U.S. Reason of EchoStar for dropping the channel along with others; Subscriber base of ABC Family; Complaint filed by Disney.
- MOUSE FLIPS BIRD. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/2/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 22, p1
Reports on a restraining order granted to Walt Disney to prevent EchoStar from following through on its threat to drop ABC Family from its satellite. EchoStar's proposed merger with DirecTV; Number of viewers that Disney would lose if EchoStar drops ABC Family; EchoStar's claim that it needs...
- Money: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/16/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 2, p12
This article focuses on the financial performance of several companies in the entertainment industry in the U.S. Shares of the Walt Disney Co. fell 3% on Monday as Wall Street reacted to terrorism concerns and the lack of a forthcoming, sweeter bid from would-be buyer Comcast Corp. The stock...