Shattering Windows the High-Def way
- Power players. Pinsker, Beth // Variety;2/232004 Supplement, Vol. 394, p13
Features Mark Cuban and Todd Wagner, billionaire entrepreneurs who own 2929 Entertainment. Career background; Use of vertical integration for Cuban and Wagner; Actions taken by Cuban and Wagner to get people interested in high definition television; Assets of their company. INSET: Cuban/Wagner...
- The Big Picture. Gallagher, Leigh // Forbes Global;3/1/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the HDNet, a high-definition TV network created by Internet billionaire Mark Cuban. Films shown on his network; Features of high-definition TV; Information on the high-definition channels of his network.
- Cuban's next billion? Francis, Bob // Fort Worth Business Press;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the plans of Dallas Mavericks team owner Mark Cuban to venture into high definition television. Background on the technology; Cuban's experience with the technology; Business plans for offering the service.
- Cuban: Ignore Hollywood's Smokescreen. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1
Reports the promotion of high definition television equipment and services by entrepreneur Mark Cuban in New York. Campaign for anti-piracy measures by Cuban; Request for disregard of ever-expanding copy protection systems by Cuban; Reason for the reluctance of electronic manufacturers to...
- Beyond the Movie Theater. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Odyssey;Oct2005, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p20
Presents information on how high definition television has evolved into a whole theater system for movie watching.
- CES Dilemma: Will Hollywood Slow the Ultra HD Movement? GIARDINA, CAROLYN // Hollywood Reporter;1/24/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 3, p20
The article reports that adoption of ultra high definition (HD) will depend on content producers in Hollywood.
- The Cuban Revolution. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Feb/Mar2006, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p91
The article provides information on several motion pictures which media pioneer Mark Cuban co-produced for high-definition theater. The motion pictures include "Good Night, and Good Luck," by George Clooney which won the 2006 Indie Spirit Awards. These motion pictures were considered as part of...
- THE BIG PICTURE ON HD. // Multichannel News;11/26/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p16
An interview with Mark Cuban, known as the owner of HDNET, is presented. When asked what was it like when he is just starting his business in 2001, he shares that back then there was little content to license. He says that there is enough investment that HDNet has put into its HD production...
- The Oldies Have the Goodies for HD. King, Danny // Television Week;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p38
The article reports that studios are beginning to convert older television (TV) series to high definition (HD) to feed demand from high-definition-oriented networks such as Mark Cuban's HDNet and Voom HD, as well as from digital versatile disc (DVD) buyers. In 2007, about 15% of the $16 billion...