Reality TV: It's Here to Stay
- Aussies in midst of reality check. Bulbeck, Pip // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/7/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 50, p37
The article discusses the regulations for reality television program genre in Australia after a sex scandal on the television program "Big Brother," produced by Endemol Southern Star and broadcast by Network Ten. The sexual exploitation incident triggered two investigations by broadcast...
- AMERICAN (PORN) IDOL. Mazzucchi, Steve; Wuebben, Joe; Berg, Michael // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2004, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p30
Provides information on a sex-oriented pay-per-view reality TV series from Silhouette Productions. Statement from Silhouette Productions CEO Harry Feingold on the series.
- 'Big Bro' web furor sparks review. Chai, Paul // Variety;7/10/2006, Vol. 403 Issue 7, p19
The article reports on the decision of the Australia Communications & Media Authority to review the free-to- air television code of practice of Channel Ten's Big Brother Internet feed. The watchdog was forced to review the show after receiving allegations of sexual misconduct. The event has...
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.
- Nets Could Use a Reality Check. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p56
Editorial. Focuses on the increased trend of television broadcasting networks in the U.S. to re-telecast reality shows that were successful in their first telecast. Reference to the market situation of the magazine 'Dateline'; Predictions about the condition of television broadcasting industry.
- Reality changes the rules. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p35
Reports on trends in television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Popularity of reality television shows; Audience reception to scripted shows; Impact of the success of reality television shows on the industry. INSETS: UPDATE;KEEPING IT REAL.
- Reality Check: Upfront Upside. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the U.S. television advertising market. Forecast on the growth of overall revenue; Factors that influenced the upfront; Effects of reality television shows on the market.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- Brits getting bigger dose of sex, skin on television. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/2/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 12, p70
The BBC, Great Britain's Broadcasting Standards Commission and the Independent Television Commission issued a report that shows a rise in "the depiction of nudity and scenes of sexual activity on television" since 1997, the last time data was collated. But the report says that the instances of...