Time Warner Lets First Few Viewers 'Start Over' Shows
- Swedish digital TV channel. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;12/10/96, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the examination of proposals by SVT, Sweden's public broadcasting network, to launch trial transmissions of digital terrestrial television over five channels. What the service would be partly financed by; Who the proposal was handed to; Channels selected by SVT.
- Al-Jazeera to bow on U.K. Freeview. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;7/1/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 63, p6
The article reports on the anticipated launch of Qatar-based independent satellite television network AI-Jazeera English in British homes on digital platform Freeview.
- Digital winners and losers. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;09/25/98, Issue 39, European Media p4
Focuses on the advent of digital television on pan-European television stations, including Music Television (MTV) and Eurosport. Concerns of international broadcasters; Reference to the advent of satellite television; Information on Superchannel, which was the leader in British broadcasting;...
- No more embarrassment as ITV finally enters the digital world. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);11/22/2001, p20
Comments on the entry of ITV into the digital satellite in Great Britain. Cost to be prepared for the development of digital services; Retail price of the free-to-air package; Plans to increase the number of subscribers.
- Just do it. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/31/94, Vol. 124 Issue 44, p70
Editorial. Comments on the entry of digital television via DBS. Impact of talks about the high-definition television on broadcasters; Difficulties encountered with the set-top box; Extra channel as a way to digital for broadcasters.
- Cable nets do digital. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/01/97, Vol. 127 Issue 49, p6
Presents information on the unveiling of digital cable networks by Music Television Networks (MTVN) and Lifetime Television, two cable television networks. Details on MTVN's two music networks; Information on a seven-pack of video services called `The Suite'; Comments from Geraldine Laybourne,...
- Advertisers advised to prepare for widescreen. // Marketing Week;6/25/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p12
Reports that advertisers are being warned that campaigns must be shot to fit widescreen digital television, by ITV company. What could possibly happen if campaigns are not shot to fit these televisions; When ITV is expected to start broadcasting in both analogue and digital formats; Comments by...
- Puppy Love. Kuchinskas, Susan // Brandweek;03/15/99, Vol. 40 Issue 11, Interactive Quarterly p4
Reports on the launch of the Internet/television media, thepuppychannel.com. What The Puppy Channel will offer; People behind the concept.
- B'caster does digital. // Daily Variety;02/04/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 46, p20
Reports that India-based Doordarshan will venture into the digital television sector starting in 2000.