McCain's '08 Digital Plan Tossed
- McCain wants to work with Stevens on DTV bill. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/20/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the plan of Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) to work with Senate Commerce Chairman Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) to craft a bill that would end the uncertainty on the transition to digital television (DTV). Recommended megahertz level of spectrum that should be freed to ensure public safety...
- A One-Two Punch on DTV. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;10/10/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Senate to pass two digital television bills in 2005. Date proposed by U.S. Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) for the switch of broadcasting to digital; Overview of the two bills; Information on the Senate's main digital bill.
- DTV Doings. // CableFAX Daily;10/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 204, p1
Provides information on the expected amendment to the digital television bill filed by U.S. Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ted Stevens. Proposed value of digital converters box subsidy; Means to help low-income households to be provided set-top box.
- Senate Defeats Hard-Date Move. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 45, p27
Reports on the vote of the U.S. Senate to defeat an attempt by Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) to move the digital television transition hard date from April 2009 to April 2008. Defeat of a similar amendment in the Commerce Committee.
- On the Hill. // CableFAX Daily;11/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 215, p1
The article reports on the approval of a date for the digital transition in 2009 by the U.S. Senate. Eddie Fritts of the National Association of Broadcasters expressed satisfaction for the decision. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), a proponent of the 2008 date, was believed to be determined in...
- McCain vows to continue fight for digital TV spectrum auctions. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Reports that in Washington, Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John McCain has promised to continue fighting for digital television auctions. What McCain's hinted at re-examining; Discussion on the initiatives announced by McCain, after he was elected chairman at the beginning of the 105th...
- THE BIG SWITCH. Angus, Fiona // Australian Personal Computer;Apr2002, Issue 280, p16
Focuses on the development of digital television in Australia. Eradication of the analog system; Increase in resolution; Development of multi-screen viewing.
- Meeting the DTV challenge. Gregory, Ellen // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep2002, Issue 329, p58
Focuses on the deployment of the digital transmission infrastructure of the television stations in Australia. Combination of the analog and digital solutions; Use of the available spectrum; Development of the ultra high frequency directional waveguide combiner.
- DIGITAL-DELAY FRAY. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;03/02/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 62, p7
Reports on the digital transition feud between Senator John McCain and the broadcasting industry in Washington, D.C. Factors needed to enjoy the benefits of digital television; Industry reactions to the delay accusations of McCain; Details on the analog spectrum proposals of President George W....