CSTV's Addition by Acquisition
- Eye spies, buys. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p4
Focuses on the acquisition of the television station, KTVT and Web sites by CBS Inc. led by company chief, Mel Karmazin. Value of the acquisitions; Goal of the purchases; Terms of the transactions.
- CBS takes new look to market. LIVESLEY, JAMES // B&T Magazine;8/22/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2672, p5
The article focuses on the marketing campaign of CBS Interactive formerly CNET Networks aimed at telling advertisers of its increased size and investment since its acquisition by CBS television network at the end of June 2008. The online arm of CBS is also planning to acquire other Web sites to...
- Website buy-up won't be the Last. Talbot, Martin // Music Week;6/9/2007, Issue 23, p16
This article discusses the Internet Web site Last.fm, which was purchased by the broadcast corporation CBS. The article discusses how the acquisition of the Web site will benefit both CBS and the future attention that fans will give to the Internet site. Other acquisitions are discussed in the...
- CBS buys Dotspotter; that's no idle gossip. Woodson, Alex // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/12/2007 Weekend Edition, Vol. 400, p4
The article presents information on the acquisition of gossip web site, Dotspotter by CBS Broadcasting Inc. at a reported price of US$10 million. Quincy Smith, CBS Interactive president, said that the investment's value is not the property but Dotspotter's "core team" of engineers. It states...
- MP3.com Sell-Off a Blast From the Past. // San Diego Business Journal;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
Reports that Vivendi Universal Net USA Group has unload the assets of San Diego's highest profile music web site, MP3.com. Examples of MP3.com merchandise that are being sold by Vinvendi Universal Net USA Group; CNET's announcement of its plans the music web site as a music information site.
- CBS turns eye toward online news. Sacharow, Anya // Adweek Eastern Edition;1/19/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p41
Reports on the possibility that CBS Inc. will unveil plans for a news Web site to be developed with the technical assistance of Oracle Corp. Comparisons of the site with National Broadcasting Co. Inc. and Warner Bros. Online's sites; Access information to CBS' site.
- CBS relaunching its Web site. // Electronic Media;01/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p36
Announces that CBS Incorporated plans to relaunch its Web site on February 2, 1998. How the site is accessed; What the site will offer.
- 'SURVIVOR'-MANIA HITS WEB. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;06/20/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the Web site of CBS Inc.
- But the CBS.com web site itself still has a few moguls to jump. Brown, Joel // Electronic Media;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p19
Details the hurdles computer users are likely to encounter when attempting to access the CBS.com. online site from CBS. Description of the home page of the site; Features of the menu bar titled `CBS Shows.'