Moody's boosts bankers, knocks Deutsche
- Moody's rates counterparty risk of 276 institutions. Kleege, Stephen // American Banker;4/29/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 82, p28
Reports on the counterparty ratings given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to banks and thrifts on April 28, 1994 due to concerns about credit risks of derivatives claims. Large first-quarter losses on swaps contracts bought by Procter & Gamble and other corporations; Banks' increased dealing...
- Japanese Banks Hit with Downgrades. // American Banker;8/7/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 151, p20
Reports that International rating agencies Fitch and Moody's Investors Service downgraded the ratings of 17 Japanese banks as of August 2001. Downgrading of the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi; Highlighting of the problems facing Japan's ailing financial sector; Outlook.
- Citi and Chase win ratings upgrades from Moody's to highest levels in years. Siegel, David // American Banker;3/21/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 54, p24
Reports on the higher credit ratings of Citicorp and Chase Manhattan bank awarded by Moody's Investors Service. Underscoring of positive developments in the industry; Upgrading of Chemical Bank's debt rate; Closure of the gap in ratings between money-center and regional banks.
- Moody's rates Pakistani banks and puts Qatar under review. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/18/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 42, p4
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s assigning of credit ratings below investment grade for four banks in Pakistan. Citing of worries about capital adequacy and asset quality.
- Moody's may downgrade Deutsche Bank. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;9/26/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 185, p24
Reports that Deutsche Bank has been placed under review for possible downgrade by Moody's Investors Service. Factors that influence Moody's decision to review Deutsche Bank's long-term debt and deposit ratings.
- Capital Requirements, Business Loans, and Business Cycles. Carpenter, Seth B.; Whitesell, William; Zakrajsek, Egon // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;2001, p1
The authors review the potential cyclical effects of the standardized approach to credit risk evaluation in the new Accord, which involves the ratings of external agencies. They combine data from Moody's Investors Services on changes in U.S. borrowers' credit ratings with estimates of the risk...
- Moody's questions asset quality of Gulf banks. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/30/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the warning of United States ratings agency Moody's Investors Service to Gulf banks that falling oil prices are threatening their credit quality. Implication for the banks' financial strength ratings; Threats to Gulf banks; Issues in the problem of reduced asset quality.
- Deutsche can become a leader -- or a dinosaur. Singh, Arvind // American Banker;2/4/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p24
Recommends strategies Deutsche Bank can follow to reinvent itself as a global player in banking after its acquisition of Bankers Trust Co. Includes centralization of management control; Geographical reallocation of functional expertise; Development of a transnational management cadre.
- Moody's Puts Connecticut's GO Rating On Downgrade Watch, Citing Shortfall. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p36
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has put Connecticut's general obligation credit rating under review for a downgrade. Effect of Moody's outlook on state debt; Deficit in the state's budget; Other credits which are being affected.