Deadline nearing on Illinois Governor's $12 billion building program
- Illinois first oversight panel means the bucks stop here. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;06/14/99, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p11
Focuses on the plan of Illinois Governor George Ryan Illinois First Program to rebuild roads and other infrastructures through the Illinois First Program. Speculation of government overspending; Suggestion that a special advisory board be appointed to oversee the project's expenditures;...
- On the money: Ryan's budget priorities work. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/26/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p10
Comments on the proposed 2001 state budget Illinois Governor George Ryan. Appropriations for infrastructure; Increased finding for educational training, workforce development and public safety; Concerns over shortfalls in the Medicaid funding.
- Ryan's infrastructure plan: Promises kept -- and broken. // Crain's Chicago Business;05/10/99, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p10
Discusses Governor George Ryan's five-year infrastructure plan for Illinois. Financing of school-building and quality-of-life projects; Issuance of state debt and on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Ryan unveils spending plan. Lyon, Paula // Crain's Chicago Business;05/10/99, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p66
Reports that Governor George Ryan has presented his Illinois First plan, a public works program designed to address state infrastructure problems.
- Job Cuts, Not Taxes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31328, p32
Reports on Illinois governor George Ryan's proposed fiscal budget for the year 2003. Number of jobs proposed to be cut in the budget; Amount of reductions made in the budget compared to the previous one; Reasons for these cuts.
- Ryan weighs clemency. // State Government News;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p8
Reports the moratorium imposed by Illinois Governor George Ryan on executions in January 2000 to consider whether to commute the sentences of the inmates on the state's death row.
- Ryan's campaign machine is on a record-setting roll. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;08/17/98, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p3
Presents information on the fund-raising campaign being used by George Ryan of the Republican Party. Amount of money raised by the campaign for the first half of 1998; Details on the campaign; Identification of the family which gave the largest single donation.
- For Gov. Ryan, biggest job is rebuilding confidence. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the role of Governor George Ryan on the economy of Chicago, Illinois. Insights on the contribution of Ryan in promoting community infrastructure programs; Comment on the involvement of Ryan in the driver licensing corruption scandal; Impact of the scandal on public...
- Scandal-Dogged Illinois Governor Opts Not to Seek Second Term. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31200, p3
Reports that Illinois Governor George Ryan will not run for a second term. Achievements of Ryan; Public works program; Bonds issued under Ryan.