Analysts: Water SRF programs' credit quality is on an upswing
- Hollowing the infrastructure: Revolving loan programs and network dynamics in the American states. O'Toole Jr., Laurence J. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Apr96, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p225
Examines the move away from federal grant support for wastewater treatment infrastructure and toward the creation of separate state revolving-loan funds (SRF) in the United States. Features of the shift in intergovernmental programs; Features of revolving-loan funds; Features of SRF; Impact of...
- Clean Water Funding Under Attack... AGAIN! Kristof, Dawn // WaterWorld;Apr2005, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p56
Comments on the proposal to reduce clean water funding in the United States in 2006. Plans to reduce clean water state revolving fund; Impact of reducing clean water funding on jobs; Water quality projects that will be affected in the reduction of budget.
- Scope of eligibility for loan fund broadened. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/24/95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the expansion of the scope for eligibility for Salt Lake County, Utah's Revolving Loan Fund. Financial benefits of the fund for companies wishing to expand; Amount availability for qualified businesses; Preference for well-paying stable jobs.
- City of Orem, Utah's revolving loan fund. Gudmundson, Karen L. // Economic Development Review;Spring96, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the Orem Revolving Loan Fund in Utah. Use of the fund to grow the proprietary product and manufacturing oriented companies in the city's business base; Economic development goals; Evaluation of the program's effectiveness in fulfilling the goals; Benefits derived by the economy from...
- County loan fund expands service area. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/01/97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the expansion of the Salt Lake County Revolving Loan Fund's service area to include all of Salt Lake County with the exception of Salt Lake City, West Valley City and Sandy.
- Rangel to unveil $50,000 revolving Investment Fund. // New York Amsterdam News;02/15/97, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the scheduled date of press conference by Charles B. Rangel, architect of the Empowerment Zone legislation and Derrick D. Cephas, chairman of the Board of the Business and Resource and Investment Service Center (BRISC), New York City, to announce the establishment of a revolving BRISC...
- State Sells GOs for Schools. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/14/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33299, p7
The article announces that the state of Michigan is selling 60 million dollars of taxable general obligation school loan bonds in order to finance a deposit in the state's school loan revolving fund.
- A Great Cleanup. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;4/2/2010, Vol. 79 Issue 21, p2
The article discusses the effort of the U.S. government to save the Great Lakes, the source of drinking water for more than 40 million people, from pollution caused by chemicals and wastewater being dumped by companies and from invasive species that kill fishes.
- Borrowing for Brownfields. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30655, p1
Focuses on proposals from state governments in the United States to borrow from state revolving funds (SRF) to finance cleanup projects for brownfields. Loan applications for municipality cleanup received in New Mexico and Wisconsin; Benefits of expanding SRF loans according to state officials.