PUSHING THROUGH A BOTTOM
- Bite Comes Back into Convertibles Market. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p7
Examines investor activity in the convertibles market in the United States. Convertible bond offering from U.S. Airways Group; Convertible from MetLife in June 2005; Focus on junk-rated issuers.
- A Ray of Hope In Convert Market. Erica Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/6/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 22, p7
The article focuses on new trends in the convertible bonds market. New issuance of convertible bonds has been underwhelming in recent months, but trading activity in the secondary market has begun to pick up, and bankers are optimistic that a turnaround in the secondary convert market may be in...
- Sage convert to the middle universe. Roth, Steve // Fund Strategy;7/18/2011, p16
The article offers information on the positive financial benefits of the use of convertible bonds. It mentions that such bonds provide a maturity feature that permits investors to take redemption value and in changeable times, giving some protection against further shocks. It notes that the...
- A safer investment. De Klerk, Vic // Finweek;5/28/2009, p69
The article focuses on the significance of redeemable and convertible bond created by Aquarius Platinum Ltd. (AQP) in conjunction with Rand Merchant Bank Ltd. (RMB). It states that the bond also known as AQPB is an attractive option for circumspect investor who expect for the long-tem future of...
- Reporting In. // British Baker;7/24/2015, p10
No abstract available.
- THE TOXIC CONVERTIBLE: ESTABLISHING MANIPULATION IN THE WAKE OF SHORT SALES. Nayini, Deepa // Emory Law Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p721
Discusses toxic convertibles in the United States. Way in which an investor who buys a toxic convertible can manipulate the market for the underlying stock by aggressively selling the stock short; Purpose of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934; Use of the act as a legitimate tool to police...
- Coupons Boost Convert Market. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the increase in demand for convertibles during the last quarter of 2003. Factors leading to the increase in convertible demand; Strategy of some companies in issuing coupons; Risks associated with convertible coupons.
- Convertibles Soar in Unstable Market. Lewis, Jakema // Private Placement Letter;7/30/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 30, pN.PAG
While the stock market has plummeted and the financial markets continue to remain skittish, many investors have turned to convertible securities, which have been able to maintain their healthy stature. But some sources feel that in the long run, investors may get more than what they bargained...
- Credit crunch in U.S. good news for derivatives. // SCTWeek;11/5/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the claim of retail real estate experts that the 2007 credit crunch will speed acceptance in the U.S. of derivatives, financial instruments that allow investors to profit from market volatility. But according sources, the U.S. derivatives have yet to catch on, largely...