Working with Widows and Widowers
- Where Widows Go. Bradley, Susan // Financial Planning;Oct2010, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p144
The article discusses the reasons why most widows switch financial advisors when their spouses die. Recent research shows that 70 percent of widows seek out new financial advisors after the death of their husbands. According to the author, part of the problem is that advisors think that widows...
- Financial Planning for Widows. Prokop, John // New Jersey CPA;May/Jun2009, p22
The article offers information on how accountants deal with widows for financial planning. It mentions that planners must be patient and reassuring when meeting with a widow for planning and must help those clients to move ahead with their financial and emotional lives. Moreover, it notes that...
- Financial Planning for Widows and Widowers. Colgan, Mark // Journal of Financial Planning;May2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p54
The article addresses how financial planners can help widows and widowers overcome emotional distress and guide them to the point of making sound, rational financial decisions. The emotional impact of losing a spouse typically drains the survivor of the strength to concentrate effectively on...
- 'Just Friends' group for widows, widowers holds monthly meeting at FBC-Edgewood. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/17/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 33, p5
The article presents information on a meeting held by Just Friends, a group of widows and widowers, in Edgewood, Texas on July 27, 2006. Attendees include Valta Griffith and Ruth Hall. Several businesses that donated bingo prizes include Austin Bank and Grand Saline Floral. Information on the...
- WHEN YOUR FINANCIAL PLANNING CLIENT IS A WIDOW. Elefant, Marica S. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul89, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p120
Working with widows can be a rewarding but sometimes frustrating opportunity for planners. Many widows are ill-prepared to handle their finances, yet their emotional stress can undermine a planner's efforts to institute a budget, do estate planning, and shift investments necessary. This article...
- Widows' plea for pledge on transfers. // Money Marketing;2/3/2005, p5
Reports on the concern of Scottish Widows over the backlog of pension fund transfers at Inland Revenue. Claim that the rush to transfer pension funds to protect tax-free cash gifts could strain life office systems; Role of the Finance Act in causing the rush to transfer pension funds.
- Wealth Management for Recent Widows and Widowers. Rose, Mitchell // Financial Planning;Dec2006, Vol. 36 Issue 12, Special section p14
The article offers advise for financial planners on managing wealth of recent widows and widowers. Tasks that need to be addressed immediately by financial advisors include paying funeral expenses, gathering documents, collecting benefits and identifying assets and liabilities. Some of the...
- Scottish Widows targets advisers with enhanced annuity launch. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/27/2013, p13
The article offers information on the new enhanced annuity offering from Scottish Widows PLC for the financial adviser market.
- A letter to Fred. Clifton, L. // Essence (Essence);Nov89, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p65
Recounts the author's feelings about her dead husband.