STYLE DRIFT FOR ACTIVELY MANAGED VALUE FUNDS
- Investment Preferences. // Millionaire Corner;Jun2012, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p6
The article reveals the continued fluctuation of affluent investment preferences in the U.S. as of June 2012. Data provided indicate the level of investment in stocks, stock mutual funds, cash, real estate, bonds and bond mutual funds between non-millionaire and millionaire households. Graphs...
- Stocks vs. Mutual Funds. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p78
Suggests ways for managing stocks and mutual funds. Tips for investing in stocks and mutual funds; Comparison between the two.
- Muni Funds Stagnate in March, Gaining Only $18 Million. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p6
Municipal bond mutual fund net inflows in the U.S. were reduced to 18 million dollars in March 2003, coming to a near stop despite witnessing an increase in February, according to Investment Company Institute. The funds accounted for a net inflow of 1.73 billion dollars in February. The funds'...
- Bad management not limited to mutual funds. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);12/11/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 25, pA24
Discusses the management of investments in mutual funds and individual stocks in the U.S. Run-ins of fund and stock advisers with government regulators; Complacency and lack of oversight in mutual fund management; Effects of mutual fund scandals; Leadership of small-cap stocks.
- How to earn a safe 10% on your money. Wang, Penelope // Money;Dec1994, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p90
Presents 11 investments in stocks and mutual that can yield ten percent or more over the next twelve months. Keycorp; Citizens Utilities B; Duke Realty; Cable & Wireless; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Barnett Bank; CGM Realty; Fidelity Convertible; Lindner Utility; MAS Value; Janus Worldwide.
- The tightwads start shopping. Stires, David // Fortune;10/15/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 7, p240
Focuses on investments by value managers in the technology sector. Topic of shares of stock in Nokia, which are being bought by the Excelsior Value and Restructuring Fund; Managers who are looking at stocks with exposure to the travel business, with the exception of airlines; Value of Disney...
- A Stock--Picking Renaissance. McReynolds, Rebecca // On Wall Street;Dec2002, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p46
Presents the views of several financial consultants regarding investment in stocks. Strategies of advisor Richard Johnson; Advice of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray's Gregg Mekler on asset management; Discussion on mutual funds.
- 8 investments that never lose money. Kobliner, Beth // Money;Mar94, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p86
Looks at eight stocks and funds that have earned money every year since 1980, and which still look strong in 1994. Gillette; Hershey; Unilever NV; Dominion Resources; CGM Mutual; Investment Co. of America; Merrill Lynch Capital A; Sentinel Balanced; Information on current price, yield, P/E...
- WASHINGTON MUTUAL INVESTORS. A.C. // Money;
Presents a profile of the Washington Mutual Investors fund. History of the fund; Description of the type of stocks that the fund is allowed to invest in; Success of the fund despite stringent restrictions on the stocks to be included in the fund.