To Save or Not to Save, That Is the Question
- YOUR PERSONAL INVESTMENT POLICY. Adiga, Aravind // Money;Mar2002, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p61
Suggests that individual investors should keep their investment strategy in writing in order to avoid mistakes such as selling stocks in a temporary downturn or buying highly-valued individual stocks. Reasons investors make such mistakes; How writing down one's investment philosophy can help...
- To Bail Is to Fail: Stick With Stocks. Bobala, Bob // Newsweek;6/4/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p60
Gives recommendations for long-term investing. Recommendation to invest long-term savings in stocks; Opinion that stocks are risky in the short-term, but that keeping long-term savings in fixed-income investments is too costly; Comparison of the 30-year earnings of stocks, bonds, and mutual...
- Got Commodities? Revell, Janice // Money;Apr2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p37
The article discusses the financial advantages of commodity investing during a global economic decline. The author reflects on deflation and commodity prices during economic recovery. The article explores financial investment strategies such as buying stocks, futures market speculation, and...
- ask greg. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);6/23/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 25, p65
Answers questions on topics related to finance. Concern about where to find the price of BHP shares; Strategy for dealing with debts and savings; Suggestions on dealing with managed funds.
- Shares mean so much more. Stammer, Don // BRW;07/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p20
Reports on consumer preferences for saving in Australia as of July 1998. Investment preferences changing; Preference for deposits with financial intermediaries, property, bonds and shares; Main reasons for the change; Interest rates on deposits with financial intermediaries reduced; Chart of...
- Going for Growth. Mannes, George; Sivy, Michael // Money;May2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p90
The article presents investment priorities for families who have invested in savings for several years. Drafting a will is discussed, as well as financing a child's education. Home renovations are discussed, along with portfolio diversification. Portfolios should incorporate higher risk stocks...
- Don't make it worse. Sheth, Dipen // Money Today;10/2/2008, p19
The article discusses the top mistakes in investing in the stock market. It states that buying because prices have fallen, is not recommended since what becomes cheap can get cheaper. It mentions that if a person is stressed about his or her market exposure, he or she should consider an exit. It...
- BE Next: Your Money Questions, Answered. Smith, LaToya M.; Burns, Renita // Black Enterprise;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p67
The article presents answers to questions about wealth building posed by 21- to 35-year-old users of the Twitter and Facebook social networking sites, including consolidating one's loans, investing in bonds or stocks and maximizing the interest that may be gained from savings and investments.
- BOBBI POWERS. Caplin, Joan // Money;Jul2002, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p76
Discusses the investments of Huntington, Indiana teacher Bobbi Powers. Worth of her stock portfolio; Savings habits; Comments of Powers, including her views on thriftiness; Focus on capital growth.