- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE. Lukas, Susan E. // Officer;Nov2003, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p12
Outlines several legislative update of the Department of Defense in the U.S. Details of the FY04 Defense Appropriations Conference Report; Approval of the housing allowance; Support of humidity protection.
- DOD Issues Proposed Rule Amending DOD Authority to Procure Telecommunications Services. Dees, C. Stanley // Contract Management;Apr2005, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p64
Reports that the U.S. Department of Defense has issued proposed rule amending DOD's authority to procure telecommunications service. Determination of the exclusive authority for multi-year telecommunications resources; Provision of procedures for delegating this authority; Authorization of the...
- Legislative Wrap-up of the 107th Congress, 2nd Session. Miller, Jeremy M. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p58
Presents information on a legislative bill passed by the U.S. Dept. of Defense during the 2nd session of the 107th Congress. Allocation of defense spending under H.R. 5010 the Defense Appropriations Act; Directive of the S. 1214 Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002, to conduct...
- USA PATRIOT ACT OF 2001. // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p162
Focuses on the USA Patriot Act prohibiting the Department of Defense from entering into contracts for security and firefighting services on installations.
- Division of U.S. Foodservice Secures $51 .8M Contract. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;8/30/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p6
The article reports that U.S. Foodservice's Joseph Webb Division has secured a one-year contract worth 51.8 million dollars from the U.S. Department of Defense for food distribution.
- Cook-chill center puts everyone on the same recipe. Harris, Kevin E. // Marines;Jul99, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the opening of the United States Department of Defense's first Centralized Food Production Center. Business reform initiative of the department; Reduction of food service costs.
- But State Licensing Agencies Don't Win All the Arguments... // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p124
Focuses on the violation of the food service solicitations on the Department of Defense regulations in the U.S. Implementation of the Randolph-Sheppard Act; Inclusion of the Secretary of Education; Resolution of the disputes between State Licensing Agencies and contracting agencies.
- A 5-YEAR PLAN: Dole advances bill to phase out reduced-price category. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p20
Presents information on a bill introduced by U.S. Senator Elizabeth Dole (R-N.C.) which would phase out the reduced-price category for school meals in the country. Possible eligibility standards of the bill; Reason behind the lack of participation by children in breakfast and lunch programs;...
- Ontario schools now trans fat free. // Active Living;Jul2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the new bill passed by Ontario's Legislation which requires food and beverages sold in schools to be free of trans fatty acids. Ontario is also assessing options for setting nutrition standards that comply to the Canada Food Guide for school cafeterias, vending machines,...