Campus boosts culinary spirit
- Mobile Apps Taking Bigger Role in Promoting College Dining. // FoodService Director;8/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the mobile web applications adopted by several universities such as the University of California, Davis and University of Georgia (UGA) to view information regarding their campus dining program.
- Student Chef Wins Spot on Dining Hall Menu. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p12
The article offers brief information on the Green Chef Challenge cooking contest at the University of California at Davis, which is a part of its effort to promote healthy eating to students through a vegetarian dish.
- Sharon Coulson. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;2/27/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p36
The article presents an interview with Sharon Coulson, president of the National Association of College and University Food Services, regarding her job as director of foodservice at the Coffee House at the University of California in Davis. When asked on the programs she's responsible for,...
- A Dining Environment for the Modern Workplace. // Food Management;Aug2011, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p22
The article offers information on the modern dining workplace environment of Sodexo Inc., which won the Best Management Company Concept of "Food Management's" 2011 Best Concept Award, in the U.S.
- A New Campus Landmark. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p72
The article features the Gorecki Dining and Conference Center at Saint Benedict College in Saint Joseph, Minnesota. The facility is the result of the of a desire by the school for a modern dining space that accommodates the tastes and schedules of modern students. The seating area is described....
- WITH MEAL PLAN OVERHAUL: Cornell lunch volume up 50%. // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the increase in the lunch volume at Cornell University's dining facility in Ithaca, New York after a renovation. Percentage of increase in the lunch volume; Offerings at the renovated facility; Changes in the facility's meal plans.
- Lindenwood's Evans Commons ready to serve. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;8/21/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 67, pA1
The article offers information on the new dining services offered to the students of the Lindenwood University's students at Evans Commons in Saint Charles, Missouri in U.S. It discusses the interior of the dinning hall, attached to the Hyland Performance Arena. It informs that the university is...
- Quite a "Hangar"! // Food Management;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p76
The article presents information about Marketplace Dining Hall Rowan University in Glassboro, New Jersey. Located at Campus Student Center, it has a customer base of 10,000 students, of which 3,000 reside on campus. The new Marketplace dining hall replaced a very traditional cafeteria-style tray...
- Asian Goes Fusion. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p40
This article focuses on the Asian menus being offered at several universities and hospitals in the U.S. According to Brenan Connolly, general manager of resident dining at the University of California at Davis (UC Davis), with people becoming educated about different kinds of Asian food, there...