Vending growth in the cards
- A strategy for educating professionals: A case study. Bell, Edwin D. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar91, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p38
Describes a summer institute for community college administrators designed and implemented by the Office of Summer Session and the School of Education of the University of North Carolina at Grenndboro in 1988. Attempt to expand the relevant application of professional knowledge to professional...
- Tar Heel companies should look away from Dixie Land. // Business North Carolina;June97, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Presents an interview with Riad Ajami, director of the Center for Global Business, Education and Research at University of North Carolina Greensboro's Bryan School of Business and Economics. Advantages in exporting products; Comparison of North Carolina with other states in terms of export...
- Untitled. D.C. // Education Week;11/10/93, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the University of North Carolina at Greensboro's launching of a program to train low-income adults to work in early-childhood settings with disadvantaged children. Funding; Features of the program.
- Guilford's Hayes endows UNCG. McCurry, John // Textile World;Aug98, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p22
Reports on Guilford Mills chairman and chief executive officer Chuck Hayes' pledge to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) to establish an endowed professorship in honor of Doctor William E. Moranm chancellor emeritus of UNCG.
- Fictions of the Self: The Portrait in Contemporary Photography. Shearin, Margaret // Art Papers;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p67
The article reviews the exhibit "Fictions of the Self: The Portrait in Contemporary Photography" at the Weatherspoon Gallery at the University of North Carolina in Greensboro, North Carolina from February 14 to March 21, 1993.
- UNC defends admissions practices. Evelyn, Jamilah // Black Issues in Higher Education;07/23/98, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p6
Reports that the officials at the University of North Carolina (UNC) in Greensboro, defended themselves against allegations that they rejected many White undergraduate applicants with higher test scores and grades than Black applicants. Criticism of the report released by the Center for Equal...
- UNC-G and Oregon State Receive ATMI Awards. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Dec95, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p5
The article announces that the Department of Clothing and Textiles at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro has received the 1995 American Textile Manufacturers Institute Award for Excellence.
- Unsigned letter brings trouble to college paper. Wolper, Allan // Editor & Publisher;4/23/94, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p56
Describes the effects of a prank played on Brian Nance, a student of the University of North Carolina in Greensboro. Death threats and violent warnings; Unsigned letter attributed to Nance which criticized Martin Luther King's religious role in American society; Near-confrontation with black...
- UNC-Greensboro Wins Best Workplace for Commuters Honor. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Apr2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p72
The article announces that the University of North Carolina at Greenboro (UNCG) was named Best Workplace for Commuters among universities across the U.S. by Tampa, Forida based National Center for Transit Research (NCTR) due to its commitment to innovative sustainable transportation.