- Ways and Means Approves Package With Cap Increase. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p1
Reports that a 50% increase in the private-activity bond volume cap in the United States would be phased in beginning fiscal year 2003. Response of the municipal market participants to the plan of the House Ways and Means Committee; Funds expected to be raised from the move; Remarks made by...
- Municipal Bond and State and Local Finance Legislative Status Report. // Bond Buyer;12/03/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30780, p6
Looks at the status of some legislative bills affecting the municipal bond and state and local finance in the United States. List of legislative bills for approval; Highlights on the legislative bills; Bills which were signed into law.
- Muni Market Blasts Detroit Debt Plan. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/24/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34064, p1
The article focuses on the issue of filing of the debt adjustment plan by Detroit, Michigan in bankruptcy court as of February 24, 2014 to maximize the value of the city's numerous valuable assets to enhance recoveries for creditors. Topics discussed include proposal to treat general obligation...
- Chicago May Require Bond Teams to Catalog Race and Gender. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;11/18/2014, p27
The article reports on the proposed ordinance in Chicago, Illinois that heightened disclosure rules about the diversity of the teams of underwriter, advisory, and legal firms that provides professional services to the city on a bond offering. It mentions that the ordinance was introduced by City...
- Middle Market Dealers Told To Get Vocal On Regulation. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;10/9/2015, p1
Middle-market securities dealers need to redouble efforts to make their voices heard as regulators prepare to tighten the reins on the muni market, Bond Dealers of America members said.
- Bid to reinstate state's `bond bank' criticized. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/19/96, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p15
Reports on opposition against proposals to reimpose the bond selling authority of the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority (MMBA). Concern on the effect of the MMBA in eliminating competition; Questions on the impact of legislative measures on the issue; Comments.
- Fed exempts bond interest from securities-unit cap on underwriting revenues. Seinberg, Jaret // American Banker;9/13/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 176, p3
Announces the Federal Reserve Board's September 1996 ruling that most corporate and municipal bond interest should be excluded from the ten percent cap on commercial underwriting revenue. Financial implications on section 20 subsidiaries; Improvement in underwriting activities; bankers'...
- Fund Losses Spur Informal SEC Inquiry. Hume, Lynn; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p1
Reports on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's decision to begin an informal inquiry in the wake of massive losses in the net asset values of two high-yield municipal funds. Market participants' concern that the disaster may lead to a market-wide investigation of how illiquid...
- Ballots in Southwest Stuffed With $10 Billion of Bonds. Williamson, Richard; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/8/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33612, p1
The article discusses several propositions on how to the municipal bonds in Texas, which the voters will decide through voting. It cites the proposition related to the issuance of additional bonds by the Texas Water Development Board provided 56 billions are outstanding. It also mentions the...