Moody's new view of N.J. school reserve fund may boost ratings
- Big-City Schools Face Big-Time Fiscal Challenges, Moody's Finds. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p5
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s study on the fiscal challenges facing big-city school districts in the United States. Rating of schools bonds; Pressures on school finances; Effects of demographic shifts to the districts' efforts to meet their facility needs; Factors affecting the...
- Grimmer outlook for Ohio schools from Moody's. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;09/01/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30469, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's downgrading of its outlook on the credit quality of Ohio's school districts from positive to stable. Factors influencing the bond rating; Uncertainty of the future of school funding; Anticipation of the stability of the credit quality until 2002.
- New York School Debt Gets Boost From Moody's. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30684, p7
Reports on the upgrade of the debt of school districts in New York according to Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- News In Brief: Whitman Hanson RSD Up to A2 By Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p2
Reports that U.S.-based rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on approximately $21.4 million in outstanding long-term securities from Whitman Hanson Regional School District in Massachusetts.
- Colo. district claims against credit-rater dismissed. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;5/29/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p8
Reports on the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by the Jefferson County, Colorado school district against Moody's Investor Service Inc. which seeks damages from Moody's issuance of an unsolicited and negative report on the district's bond offerings. Credit-rater's First Amendment free-press right...
- New Jersey. Demenchuck, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30240, p35
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's review of New Jersey-based Bernards Township School Districts' Aa-rated general obligation debt.
- News In Brief: Moody's Outlook Now Stable on Ft. Zumwalt. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p2
Reports on the outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. from positive to stable towards Fort Zumwalt School District in Saint Charles County, Missouri. Basis for the change in the outlook; Expectation of Moody's from the stable outlook; Rating of the Fort Zumwalt.
- Pa. School District Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p2
Reports on the upgrading of the general obligation bonds of Owen J. Roberts School District by Moody's Investors Service in Pennsylvania. Financial position of the school district; Assignation of an Aa3 rating to the school bond; Use of the bond proceeds for school construction.
- Improvements net A1 Moody's rating for Indiana school intercept program. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;04/24/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30379, p25
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. gave an A1 rating in April 1998 to Indiana's school corporation intercept program, which could lead to upgrades for up to $4.5 billion of outstanding debt. Praise for improvements in the program; Schedule of debt service payments.