Colo. District Copes Amid Grief, Fear
- Columbine Tragedy Shows Nation Must Return to a Trust in God. Scott, Darrell // Insight on the News;05/01/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p46
Reflects on the spiritual aspect of the tragedy that happened at the Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado in 1999. Information on the incident; Significance of the tragedy.
- A Look at Terror with My Daughter. Douglas, Susan // Progressive;Jun99, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p17
Shares a mother's discussion with her daughter about the tragedy at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Issues considered by her daughter; Speculation on factors that led to the violence; Issue regarding class and social intolerance.
- The Big Lesson from Littleton. Noonan, Peggy // Good Housekeeping;Jul99, Vol. 229 Issue 1, p90
Discusses the lessons that can be learned from the shooting incident which happened at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Factors that drove the suspects to commit the crime; Overview of the culture that encourage killing.
- Snap nonfiction. Paterniti, Michael // Esquire;Jul99, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p144
Presents information on a violence that happened in Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Details of the incident; Aftermath of the incident; Implications to the society.
- School Shooting. Rubin, Jeffrey // Scholastic Action;09/06/99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p14
Presents the testimony of Craig Scott, a student at Columbine High School in Colorado regarding the school shooting which happened on April 20, 1999.
- Lessons In Crisis Planning From Columbine. // Public Relations Tactics;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p18
Discusses lessons in crisis planning from the Columbine High School violent incident in Littleton, Colorado on April 20, 1999. Interplay between media and law enforcement; Importance of advance planning; Getting help; Awareness of hospital challenges; Avoiding telephone 'meltdown'; Training top...
- Schools Prepare for Columbine Anniversary. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;04/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on several public events that were being planned in Colorado to commemorate the first year anniversary of school shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton on April 20, 2000. Significance of the anniversary; Actions taken by school administrators to prevent violence in schools.
- See Evil, Hear Evil, Speak Evil. // New York Times Upfront;03/19/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p7
Reports the planned Columbine-style school attacks by students at high schools in Colorado, New York, Kansas and at a college in California. Discovery of weapons stockpiling and planning of massacres; Encouragement of snitching for prevention of school attacks.
- Across the Atlantic, Europeans Take Different Approach to School Safety. Bowman, Darcia Harris // Education Week;5/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p1
Discusses the different approach of European and U.S. style of school security. Difference in intensity of the problem in Europe and in the U.S.; Europeans' disapproval of U.S. response to school violence; Strategies to be undertaken by schools in order to avoid dealing these types of...