A Theology of Theological Education: Pedagogical Implications
- Editorial. Smith, David I.; Cooling, Trevor // Journal of Education & Christian Belief;
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Christian education research, theological education and the gap between the size of the faith-based sector of Australian schooling.
- Research with the Urban Poor: An Exploration of Power Issues. Richardson, Jenny // British Journal of Theological Education;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p37
Outlines the research project called 'Educators With Attitude: A Discovery of the Expertise of Radical Theological Educators Within the UK's Urban Poor.' Methodology of the research; Reflections on being a researcher; Questions about access to education and class issues in theological education.
- GUEST EDITORIAL TRANSFIGURING TRANSFORMATIONAL TEACHING. Johnson-Miller, Beverly C. // Christian Education Journal;Fall2013, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p360
In this article the author focuses on Christian education. The author further discusses the familiar theme, transformational teaching, and it give insight into one's concept of transformation, reconsider the role of spiritual experience in transformational teaching and revise our teaching practices.
- How Diverse Is Contemporary Theological Education? Identity Politics and Theological Education. Paa, Jenny Plane Te // Anglican Theological Review;
The article discusses the theme of identity politics and theological education in Canada. According to the author, identity politics is a wide range of ways in which political activism and theorizing are consolidated around perceptions of the experience. Furthermore, the author relates her...
- Global pressures, Latino realities. Bedford, Nancy E. // Christian Century;2/21/2006, Vol. 123 Issue 4, p23
The article explores the impact of globalization on theological education. In order to respond faithfully to questions regarding the future of theological education, we need to imagine it in discontinuity with current models. In the face of shifts and displacements, of market pressures and...
- Growing Christians. Honeycutt, Frank G. // Christian Century;2/22/2011, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p34
The article presents the author's description of his church's four-stage catechism class. The author reviews the aims and goals of the program, highlighting the topics and theological subjects which it addresses throughout the church year. Anecdotes are also provided describing the experiences...
- Sin and Christian Teaching. Esqueda, Octavio Javier // Christian Education Journal;Spring2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p164
To fully comprehend our vocation as Christian educators, it is essential to recognize the realities of sin and grace. In spite of a culture that tends to lessen sin, Christian teachers are messengers of redeeming grace to their students. However, a clear understanding of the relationship between...
- Editorial. Moore, Zoe Bennett // British Journal of Theological Education;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p93
Editorial. Introduces a series of articles on theological education published in the February 2002 issue of the 'British Journal of Theological Education.'
- Editorial. Bennett, Zoe // British Journal of Theological Education;Feb2004, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p125
Introduces a series of articles about theological education.