- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2014, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p28
This section offers news briefs on environmental and conservation issues around the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). A new management plan for sauger has been adopted by DEC. With the goal of restoring native brook trout, DEC reclaimed Lower Sargent Pond in the town...
- On Patrol. Lucas, Bob // New York State Conservationist;Oct2004, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p19
Relates the experiences of Environmental Conservation Officers in New York in 2004. Encounter with a 12-year-old automobile driver; Fine imposed on a hunter with no permit; Amount of marijuana found in a drug laboratory protected by a serval.
- Reforms needed to get the job done. Kellogg-Barrella, Constance // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/4/95 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p11
Looks at reforms needed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Monitors Program. Absence of clear-cut guidelines for the program; Complaints about monitors; Approach to make the program more efficient.
- DEC: Get the Lead Out. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2008, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the new initiative launched by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to switch to green ammo from lead-based ammunition for firearms training in order to help reduce the impact of lead at firing ranges. The department is currently phasing in the new...
- New ECOs. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the graduation of new Environmental Conservation Officers (ECOs) who will join the police force of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). The event was held at the DEC Training Academy in Oswego County. The class completed the Division of Law...
- Comptroller to EPF: Give out money faster. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/31/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 77, p14
The article reports on the recommendations of the comptroller's office for New York's Department of Environmental Conservation to hasten in administering the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) in the state.
- Belleayre scoping document released. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the release of the final scoping document for the environmental reviews related to the proposed Wildacres and Highmount Spa Resort complex and the unit management plan for the Belleayre Mountain Ski Center by the State Department of Environmental Conservation in New York....
- TU/NYDEC BEAMOC PLAN. // Fly Fisherman;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p26
Discloses the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's plan to Trout Unlimited to develop a long-range wild-trout management plan for the Beaver Kill watershed.
- Pepsi Bottling Group popped with $65K DEC settlement. // Buffalo Law Journal;8/4/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 62, p4
The article reports that Pepsi Bottling Group Inc. has settled a charge of improperly labeling bottles with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). The firm has agreed to pay a $65,000 fine which will be used by the state for its recycling education programs. The DEC...