SEARCHING FOR SHEDS
- The Rattling Quiz. MCNALLY, BOB // Outdoor Life;Sep2011, Vol. 218 Issue 8, pBB14
The article offers step-by-step instruction for rattling bucks and also presents a quiz on the right moves for rattling in a buster buck this season. It is reported that one should hold antlers at their base and lightly touch the tips together for a full minute. It is informed that dawn and dusk...
- Jerry's Tips. Robinson, Jerome B. // Field & Stream;Oct2005, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p42
The article presents hunting tips. When you're rattling antlers or using a grunt call, set up downwind of where you think bucks are, with thick cover in front of you but a clear view of openings within shooting range to your right and left. Deer prefer to approach attractive sounds from...
- Secret Buck Rubs. McCafferty, Keith // Field & Stream;Aug2006, Vol. 111 Issue 4, pWH19
The article presents information on the significance of animals' rubbing behavior for hunters. Whitetail bucks make their initial rubs of the season to remove the velvet from their antlers. First, in some areas, waiting until the immediate pre-rut to scout for rubs can lead to sensory overload....
- Make A Little Noise! Rusk, Brian // Bowhunter;2005 Whitetail Special, p46
Discusses the importance of rattling while hunting a deer.
- Coming To Terms. Halfmann, Brandon // Bowhunter;2005 Whitetail Special, p70
Describes the author's experience of killing his first buck.
- The Miracle Buck. Dickson, Randall L. // Bowhunter;2005 Whitetail Special, p80
Describes the author's experience of deer hunting when he missed his first chance.
- BEDTIME BUCKS. Rohrbaugh, Ron // Bowhunter;2005 Whitetail Special, p106
Presents a discussion on the hunting of mature bucks.
- Ask Bowhunter. Ulmer, Randy // Bowhunter;Oct2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p166
An answer to a question on deer hunting is presented.
- RUT QUIZ. Moore, Colin // Field & Stream;Oct2010, Vol. 115 Issue 6, pW20
A quiz concerning deer hunting is presented.