- AFTERMARKET PURCHASER STANDING UNDER ï¿½. Murray, Brian // St. John's Law Review;Winter99, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p633
The article discusses the court ruling on the Supreme Court case "Gustafson v. Alloyd Co." and the continued viability of the tracing theory for damage claims under the Securities Act of 1933 in the U.S. Key issues examined include the details of the case, its legal precedents and the case's...
- Proposed FSP EITF 03-6(a): Determining Whether Instruments Granted in Share-Based Transactions Are Participating Securities. // GAAP Update Service;12/30/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p2
The article presents information on determining whether instruments granted in share-based transactions are participating securities. A share-based payment award that covers a right to receive cash when dividends are paid to common shareholders that is not forfeited regardless of whether the...
- An Explanation of Momentum in Canadian Stocks. Hou, Tony C.T.; McKnight, Phillip J. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Dec2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p334
This paper examines the drivers of momentum in Canadian stocks. We find that momentum is negatively related to book-to-market and analyst coverage, whereas size appears to play no role in explaining the momentum effect. We further document that analyst coverage is more important than...
- What to say when you buy and sell. Brentnall, Vicki // Medical Economics;4/22/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p38
Suggests strategies in buying and selling stocks. Market order option; Limit order; Stop-limit order; Stop order.
- Selling Stock. // Medical Economics;4/22/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p44
Offers advice on how to salvage gains or limit losses when selling stocks. Use of stop-loss order to set selling price below the market level; Limit order; Stop-limit order.
- SAN DIEGO PUBLIC STOCKS. // San Diego Business Journal;7/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p36
Reports on the performance of San Diego, California stocks as of July 4, 2005. Index watch; Market trends; Top dollar gainers; Top percentage gainers; Top dollar and percentage losers; Market capitalization.
- STOCKS. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p32
Provides information on the status of stocks in the United States as of December 2004. Point gainers and losers; Insider trades; Earnings and dividends; Out-of-state issues of interest.
- gamma stocks. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p117
Information on "gamma stocks" is presented. It refers to alpha securities and stocks.
- Move with the times. Boles, Mike // Money Marketing;9/22/2005, p84
Reports on the launch of Property Value Release products from Prudential Securities Inc. in the equity-release market in Great Britain. Offers of lesser interest rates and charges; Figures representing the amount that can be transacted from the product; Evaluation of its benefits and pitfalls.