- Fads in the initial public offering market? Aggarwal, Reena; Rivoli, Pietra // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Winter1990, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p45
The article focuses on fads in the initial public offering (IPO) market. Early research related to IPOs documented the tendency of IPOs to provide abnormal returns to investors who purchased them at the initial offering. Refinements and extensions followed, including efforts to explain the...
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/10/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 38, p19
Presents graphs and charts depicting the performance of initial public offerings in the aftermarket as of October 5, 2005. Best and worst performers; Performance of stock offerings; Offer price.
- Aftermarket performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p67
Presents information on the aftermarket performance of stocks offered in the United States, during the first two months of 1999. Issuers; Offer prices; Price on February 24, 1999; Book managers.
- Tech Leaves It On the Table. Useem, Jerry // Fortune International (Europe);03/19/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p20
Objects to the idea of using initial public offerings (IPO) as branding events. Practice of an underwriter giving a company a low stock price so that there would be a large first-day run-up which would create attention and bolster the brand; Problem that many companies are now worth less than...
- InterMune Bulks Up Balance Sheet for Esbriet EU Launch. Boggs, Jennifer // BioWorld Today;9/15/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 179, p1
This article reports on the launch of two public offerings by InterMune Inc. to bolster its cash position. InterMune wants to use the funds to make the idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis drug Esbriet available to patients in Germany. The U.S.-based company was able to raise 231 million U.S. dollars...
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/4/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 31, p34
Analyses the performance of initial public offerings of several U.S.-based companies for the past 360 days as of August 2003. Average file price; Offer price per share.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;11/12/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 220, p9
The article reports that MediciNova Inc. withdrew its proposed public offering of 6 million shares of common stock, citing general market conditions and unusual trading activity in its stock. The San Diego, California-based company's shares dropped from $7.15 to $6.10 when the offering was...
- SUCCESSFACTORS ARMED WITH CASH AFTER IPO. Frauenheim, Ed // Workforce Management;12/10/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 21, p10
The article reports on the initial public offering (IPO) launched by San Mateo, California-based SuccessFactors. In a stock debut that may prompt other HR software vendors to go public, SuccessFactors saw the price of its shares rise 33 percent on their first day of trading on November 20, 2007....
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;8/14/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 158, p6
The article announces that Illumina Inc. has completed its public offering of 4.025 million shares priced at $87.50 per share. The offering includes full exercise of the over-allotment option by Goldman, Sachs & Co. The company, based in San Diego, California, develops tools for the large-scale...