Kroger Bid Muddies Fray for Albertson's
- PETONE SITE UP FOR SALE. // SupermarketNews;Aug2014, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p4
The article reports that Countdown supermarket property in Petone, New Zealand is on sale after tenders close later of August 2013 for over $20 million.
- Supermarkets increase combo-concept efforts. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;11/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the combo-concept efforts of supermarkets in Arizona. Kroger Co.'s conversion of its Fred Meyer supercenters into a concept called Fry's Marketplace; Albertson's Inc.'s incorporation of its Osco Drug Inc. stores into standard supermarkets.
- SUPERMARKET AISLE. // Drug Store News;10/6/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p6
Presents news briefs relating to supermarkets compiled as of October 6, 2003. Albertson's expansion of its online grocery service to Boise-area residents; Financial performance of Kroger Co. in the second quarter of 2003; Royal Ahold chief executive officer Anders Moberg's announcement that his...
- SUPERMARKET AISLE. // Drug Store News;4/29/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p6
Presents news on some supermarket chain operators in the U.S. as of April 29, 2002. Locations of the first stores of Wegmans Food Markets in Virginia; Information on Kroger's acquisition of Albertson's supermarkets; Other way to authorize payment for purchases or cash payroll checks at Kroger.
- Does Albertsons' future lie in possible new purchase deal? Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;1/9/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the purchase deal between Albertsons Corp. and a consortium of buyers including Supervalu, CVS, Kimko Realty, and Cerberus Capital in the U.S. The deal reportedly offered 9.6 million dollars in cash and stocks for Albertsons. The agreement was presented to the board of...
- SUPERMARKETS. // Chain Store Age;Oct2005, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p30
Presents an update on supermarket chains as of October 2005. Sale of Boise, Idaho-based retailer Albertson's; Number of Farmer Jack stores planned to be closed by Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. in New Jersey; Completion of the sale of A&P Canada to Metro Inc.; Launch of a tender offer by...
- Mutual-Aid Strike Agreement Included Food 4 Less. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;2/14/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the mutual-aid agreement among the supermarket chains involved in the 2003 to 2004 strike-lock out in Southern California allowed Albertsons, Kroger and Safeway to share revenues from Kroger's Food 4 Less division. Reason behind the labor dispute; Claims of the United Food and...
- SUPERMARKETS. // Chain Store Age;Feb2002, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p30
Presents an update on several supermarkets in the United States as of February 2002. Acquisition of several County Market supermarkets by Giant Eagle; Information on the closure of Kroger Co.; Increase in capital expenditures of Albertson's for its Acme Food and Drug stores; Details of the...
- Retailers Stage Major 'Aladdin' Promotions. Casabona, Liza; Alaimo, Dan // SN: Supermarket News;10/25/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 43, p31
Reports on the participation of various U.S. supermarket retailers in the video promotion of the first DVD release of Walt Disney's "Aladdin." Consumer offer from Kroger in line with the promotion of the DVD; Items consumers will receive after a purchase of "Aladdin" DVD or VHS from Albertsons;...