Four Horsemen Model Going Way of Gipper?
- Investment banks make asset management move. Bruno, Mark // Pensions & Investments;11/13/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that mid-size investment banks in the U.S. are performing well in the asset management industry through active recruiting. New York City-based Cowen & Co. and San Francisco, California-based Thomas Weisel Partners are looking to significantly expand their traditional asset...
- Cowen is Latest I-Bank To Test IPO Waters. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/3/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p10
The article looks at the strong performance of investment bank initial public offerings (IPO) in the United States, such as the IPO of investment banks Thomas Weisel Partners (TWP) and Greenhill. Cowen & Co. will also launch its IPO for Societe Generale. Factors for the popularity of investment...
- Masimo files for up to $150M IPO; Reliant in $15 million 'E' round. Johnson, Holland // Medical Device Daily;4/20/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 76, p2
The article reports on the filing of a registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering by monitoring product maker Masimo in Irvine, California. Piper Jaffray & Co. and Deutsche Bank Securities are acting as joint book running managers,...
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;10/29/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 209, p5
The article reports on a public offering closed by Eurand NV. The offering involved 9.77 million ordinary shares with a value of 11.25 U.S. dollars per share. It was able to raise a total of 103.9 million U.S. dollars and a portion of it will be used to fund potential product acquisitions and...
- Weisel Eruption. // Traders Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 164, p6
Focuses on the investment bank Thomas Weisel Partners. Information on the acquisition of the Montgomery Securities, formerly owned by Weisel, by the Bank of America securities; Amount sought by the employees of Montgomery from Weisel for damages.
- Weisel Loses Two More Partners. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the developments at investment bank Thomas Weisel Partners LLC. Resignation of the company's partners David Castagna, David Hedley and Mark Shafir; Number of the company's transactions; Problems faced by the company; Partners appointed by the company.
- Thomas Weisel, on independent track, keeps on growing. Lacey, Stephen // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/28/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p10
Reports the financial status of the Thomas Weisel Partners LLC in San Francisco, California as of February 2000. Company profile, operations and expansion program; Resistance of company to merger offers; Advantages of being an independent company.
- PEOPLE. Davenport, Todd; Kulikowski, Laurie; Cole, Jim; Boraks, David // American Banker;2/18/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 34, p2
Presents news briefs related to bankers and the world of banking. Discussion of the failed merger between PNC Financial Services Group Inc. and Riggs National Bank; Possibility that Thomas W. Weisel may take Thomas Weisel Partners LLC public; New career opportunities for Jim Hance, who retired...
- Roundup: West Coast Investment Bank Starts Covering REITs. // National Mortgage News;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the initiation of analyst coverage on real estate investment trusts by investment banking firm Thomas Weisel Partners in San Francisco, California. Concentration of the company in the retail property sector; Expectations of operations per growth of the real estate industry;...