Sweet Summers Past
- Investigation of Antioxidant Activity and Total Anthocyanins from Blackberry (Rubus hirtus Waldst. and Kit) and Cherry Laurel (Laurocerasus officinalis Roem). GÜDER, AYTAÇ; KORKMAZ, HALIL // Asian Journal of Chemistry;2012, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p4525
In present study, water and ethanol extracts of blackberry (Rubus hirtus Waldst. and Kit) and cherry laurel (Laurocerasus officinalis Roem.) was studied for antioxidant properties. We investigated the antioxidant properties of blackberry and cherry laurel extracts by employing several in vitro...
- iWalk therefore iAm. Shoalts, Adam // Canadian Geographic Travel;Summer2011, p16
The article features the iWalk interactive walking tours on Charlottetown that can be downloaded for Blackberry phones and iPhones.
- Celebrate dad and fun in the summer. QUIRIN, JOHNNY // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Jun2009, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p46
The article presents the views of several children about their father and summer plans, including Abigail Cardosa, Cashel Brown and James Burns from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Into the Summer Orchard. PELTRE, BÉATRICE // Yankee;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p62
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience with his father who taught her cherry picking. INSETS: To Peel or Not to Peel;Where to Pick.
- Walking, with Blackberries. Gingerich, Charity // Ruminate Magazine;Spring2011, Issue 19, p10
The poem "Walking, With Blackberries" by Charity Gingerich is presented. First Line: There's nothing like walking in June in an aching body, discovering blackberries. Last Line: but always wanders back for more: a lovely question never answered quite like this.
- A Joyous WALK. HILLYER, GREGG // Progressive Farmer;Oct2015, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of walking with her daughter, Dana, when she was an infant, a student and as an employee as well as his anticipation of a future walk down the aisle on her wedding day.
- the reader's shelf. Wyatt, Neal; Howe, Carol // Library Journal;8/1/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 13, p127
The article reviews several books that all share a theme of friendship, including "Love Walked In," by Marisa de los Santos, "Blackberry Wine," by Joanne Harris, and "Summer Sisters," by Judy Blume.
- The fine line between enjoying summer and working. // ICS: Cleaning Specialist;Aug2012, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p10
The article offers helpful tips for taking a break from work to enjoy summer by going for a walk, talking to friends and listening to old songs or going to the gym, sitting in the sun or taking a ride on the bicycle.
- OFF the CLOCK. // Corridor Business Journal;8/18/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p23
The article offers information on several community events to be held in Iowa in August 2014 including the Woodfest in Amana from August 22-24, the Salute to Summer Festival/Fundraiser of the North Liberty Fire Department, and the Stream Walking in Cedar Rapids on August 23.