For Building Junior Naturalists
- You Asked, They Answered. LoVecchio, Michael J.; Hayek, Bryan; Bourlon, Richard // Scouting;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p10
The article presents answers to questions related to camping including completing merit badge, axes sizes utilized in scouting, and waiting list for back-to-back summer camping to Philmont, New York.
- Naturally: Nature Is Where We Find It! Taylor, Posie // Camping Magazine;Sep2008, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p63
The article focuses on the two myths regarding camping. These myths are that children can only connect with nature in the wilderness and that camps must teach nature and environmental awareness in formal "nature" programs at camp or no connections with the natural world will be formed. Camping...
- Seeking Photos. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p29
The article announces that the periodical "New York State Conservationist" is seeking vintage camping photographs to illustrate an article on the history of camping in New York State. Photographs can be submitted via electronic mail at www.TheConservationist.org. Submissions must contain...
- THE EXPERIMENT IN SUBSTITUTE CIVILIZATION. Angelll, Roger // New Yorker;3/27/1965, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p40
The article reports on the unique Teen-Switch Plan devised by the Experiment in Substitute Civilization in the United States. Teenagers who participate in the summer camp can experience firsthand how to live in the untouched wilderness, the jungle or the desert. Contact information on the summer...
- UPDATE. // Back Stage (1946-5440);3/12/2015, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p8
The article offers information on a platinum badge to be offered by the magazine "Backstage" to its readers.
- HITCHIN' RACK. // Boys' Life;Aug2012, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented about a variety of topics including merit badges, camping and humor.
- 40 YEARS AGO IN TIME. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);7/30/2001, Issue 30, p20
Presents an excerpt from an article about camping which appeared in 'TIME' magazine on July 14, 1961. Different attitudes of men and women towards camping; Amenities and improvements at many campgrounds.
- Making Camp. Ridge, Alice; Ridge, John Wm. // American Road;Summer2004, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on camping on the Yellowstone Trail in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the popularity of camping in the U.S.; Influence of the availability of information about camping to the interest of tourists in the recreation activity; Information on several magazines that encouraged...
- The Great Camp Out. Barrington, Vanessa // Curve;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p30
Offers advice for lesbians planning to go camping in the United States. Affordability of car camping for a lesbian vacation; Options for choosing a campsite; Purchase and packing of ingredients for meals.