IF YOU CARE… You'll Leave Them There
- TRACKS. // Backpacker;Dec2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p42
Presents an update on issues related to wildlife conservation worldwide as of December 2004.
- Heartland reunion. Waring, Jeff // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p94
Reports on the Pope and Young Club's 1999 convention held in Omaha, Nebraska. Event's highlights; Seminars; Focus on wildlife conservation efforts of the organization. INSET: World records, Omaha 1999.
- Fur may fly over plan to give big mammals room to roam. Berger, Carol // Christian Science Monitor;10/17/97, Vol. 89 Issue 226, p7
Looks at the Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative, and effort to establish a half million square mile section of the Rocky Mountains into a wildlife protection area. How ranchers in the United States and Canada are reacting; Comments from Clay Chattaway, director of the Waldron Grazing...
- Wildlands as Gardens. Janzen, Daniel // National Parks;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 74 Issue 11/12, p50
Encourages the protection of conserved wildland. Mission of conserved wildland; Way of protecting conserved wildland.
- THE BUZZ. // Ranger Rick;Apr2005, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p12
Presents information related to wildlife protection.
- Evaluating Economic and Institutional Alternatives for Meeting Interstate ESA Instream Flow Requirements in the Platte River Basin. Frasier, W. Marshall; Michelsen, Ari M.; Taylor, R.G.; Booker, James F.; Huffaker, Ray G. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;1999 Proceedings, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p1257
Provides a framework to identify and evaluate the alternatives to achieve the stream flows needed for the recovery of species in the Platte River Basin. Factors that complicate the identification of feasible and efficient alternatives; Five principles that guide identification of feasible...
- Instream Flows and Endangered Species in an International River Basin: The Upper Rio Grande. Booker, James F.; Ward, Frank A. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;1999 Proceedings, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p1262
Presents information on case a study of the potential approaches to maintaining or enhancing endangered species, the Rio Grande silvery minnow. Complexity of the case of endangered species protection for habitats in the central reaches of a river system; Allocations of flow under the 1938 Rio...
- Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries nongame and endangered wildlife program Harrison, Toni; Terwilliger, Karen // Endangered Species Update;May/Jun1992, Vol. 9 Issue 7/8, p5
No abstract available.
- Captive breeding and conservation of lion-tailed macaques Lindburg, Donald G.; Gledhill, Laurence // Endangered Species Update;Nov1992, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.