Study: Pricing Drives the Bundle
- The Impact of Regulatory Events On Investors: An Examination of the 1992 Cable Bill: A Note . Blankley, Alan I.; Cravens, Karen S.; Glover, Hubert D. // American Business Review;Jan1997, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on investors in the cable television industry and compares the related market response to regulatory events with the market response to firm-specific earnings announcements. Ways in which both earnings and regulatory announcements support the expected price invariance; Utility of...
- BellSouth plugs in to TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;6/17/96, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p12
Reports on BellSouth Corp.'s launching of a cable system in the Atlanta suburb of Chamblee, Georgia. System as a challenge to Scripps Howard; BellSouth's interloper rights into the region; Features of BellSouth's cable system.
- BellSouth brings television viewers a new cable option. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p14
Reports that the New Orleans became the first market to be served by BellSouth Corp.'s wireless television system. BellSouth Corp.'s competitors in New Orleans; Statement of Loyd Daniel, general manager at BellSouth Entertainment on the cable television business; Features and capacity of...
- Ready, set, CATV. Krapf, Eric // America's Network;8/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 16, p40
Reports that BellSouth is set to build its first cable television network in Daniel Island, South Carolina. Construction of homes in the island; Provision of telephony and video through networks.
- Bellsouth makes progress with CATV plans. // Telephony;11/04/96, Vol. 231 Issue 19, p48
Reports on Bellsouth Corp.'s commercial cable television services. Availability of the cable services to residents in Daniel Island, South Carolina; Cable service soon to be available in Saint John's Village, Florida; Holding of video and cable modem trial in Chamblee, Gainesville.
- Original series help cement a network's brand. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p28
Reports the importance of original series in branding a cable network. Status of the television shows; Performance of the cable networks; Growth profit of the cable networks.
- Cablevision Plans to Join Dish 'Winback' Rolls. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p3
Focuses on the increase in revenues of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the second semester in the United States. Revision of cable systems' cash-flow forecasting; Plans of MSO on a modem-leasing program; Factors affecting DBS growth rates.
- Prime Numbers. // Cable World (10427228);4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p31
Reports that ESPN led all cable channels in the United States in advertising revenue in November 2002, according to Kagan World Media. Leading networks that generated more than half of their advertising revenues during the nighttime hours; Only network that generated a significant amount of its...
- Honeymoon in Vegas. Brown, Roger // CED;Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the impact of the Consumer Electronics Show on the cable television industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Features of the event; Emphasis on the Go2Broadband project; Availability of the advanced services to consumers.