- ... and beware content ratings. Halonen, Doug; Hatch, David // Electronic Media;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p48
Reports on president and chief executive officer of National Broadcasting Corp., Bob Wright's criticism against the content-based television ratings system adopted by United States networks.
- NBC UNIVERSAL BLUEPRINT SHAPING UP. Mermigas, Diane // Television Week;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p30
Reports on the plan of NBC to launch subscription on-demand services after it acquires Vivendi Universal Entertainment in the U.S. Expected profit of NBC after the merger; Structure of the deal; Remarks from NBC CEO Bob Wright on the deal.
- NBC's Wright: Ease off owners ... Halonen, Doug; Hatch, David // Electronic Media;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p48
Reports on president and chief executive officer of National Broadcasting Corp., Bob Wright's meeting with Billy Tauzin, chairman of the United States House telecommunications subcommittee, to urge the latter to deregulate broadcasters by relaxing or removing ownership restrictions.
- The Insider. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p4
Presents news briefs related to television broadcasting in the U.S. as of October 2003. Controversy in the selection of NBC Chairman Bob Wright and Cox Communications President Jim Robbins as honorees at the annual fall gala of the Museum of Moving Images; Background on the pet project of WB...
- Carmela, I'm home! Bednarski, P.J. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/07/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 20, p24
Presents an open letter to National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) President Bob Wright about Home Box Office's television series, 'The Sopranos.' Inability of United States-based broadcast networks to show sex and violence; Need for NBC to eliminate most of the demographically tested and blessed...
- Better late than never. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/93, Vol. 123 Issue 47, p17
Presents an interview with NBC president Bob Wright. Views on lifting of financial interest and syndicator (fin-syn) consent degrees; Effect of previous regulation on networks; Reaction on Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations against networks' domestic syndication of network and...
- Wright: Minority pool is `thin'. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/25/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 24, p119
Reports on National Broadcasting Co. Inc. president Bob Wright's comments on the television network's efforts to address diversity issues in the United States. Challenges facing television firms in tackling the diversity issue; Projects of the company aimed at promoting diversity.
- NBC positions execs for future. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;05/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p2
Reports on executive changes at United States television broadcasting firm National Broadcasting Co. Promotion of Bob Wright to chairman; Appointment of Andrew Lack as president and chief operating officer and Neal Shapiro as news president; Responsibilities of the three executives.
- Ad Week NOTES. Hibberd, James; Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;10/2/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p9
The article offers news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. A new makeover series is being launched by HDNet co-founder and president Mark Cuban that stars former NBA player Dennis Rodman. Bob Wright, universal chairman and CEO of NBC, forecasts the future of his company within one...