Viacom Buying 'MÃ¡s MÃºsica' Assets
- TV minnows must team up to ensure they can compete. Beale, Claire // Campaign (UK);05/25/2001, Issue 21, p17
Focuses on the ruling by the Independent Television Commission concerning the selling of television airtime in Great Britain. Opportunity of ITV network to take advantage of the ruling; Consolidation of ITV with other networks; Presence of the partnership of ITV in the market.
- Cable TV. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;1/2/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on cable television advertising in the U.S. While it may be hyperbolic to label 2005 as a bad year as far as the cable advertising marketplace is concerned, it is not a stretch to suggest that most network advertising sales executives are not going to look back on last year...
- Stealth Promo of the Week. // Entertainment Weekly;7/22/2005, Issue 830, p63
Announces that television network ABC will air a commercial for Oceanic Airlines, the fictional airline featured in the television program "Lost."
- FCC EXTRA!: ADS AREN'T NEWS. J. E. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/15/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 45, p13
The article reports on the settlement paid by television network KTNV Las Vegas to the Federal Communications Commission regarding its investigation into broadcasting paid commercials in style of news reports and failure to disclose the reports as advertisements.
- Ad biz boom brings new nets. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;11/16/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 32, p7
The article announces the upcoming launch of new television channels in Romania following a boost in television advertising market.
- Movies Now launches 'High Rollers' quiz for media & ad fraternity. // Indiantelevision.com;8/31/2015, p5
The article reports on the launch of a quiz by television channel Movies Now to attract media agencies and advertising clients for its property called High Rollers.
- ITV chief calls on clients to use TV. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/22/2001, p2
Reports the call from marketing and commercial director John Hardie of ITV for advertisers to invest into television in Madrid, Spain. Decrease in revenue of the company; Need for advertisers to evaluate media choices; Change in program schedules of the television station.
- UPN forms ad unit. // Electronic Media;9/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p32
States that the UPN company formed an in-house advertiser sales division and appointed Perri Stein as the senior vice president of advertiser sales.
- Looking for the young and restless. Hendrickson, Paula // Advertising Age;5/12/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 19, pS16
Discusses the position of UPN and WB Network as the two new broadcast networks in the 1997 prime-time network television upfront market for advertising. The emphasis of the two new networks on younger audiences; The success of the show `Buffy the Vampire Slayer.'