Fox News: Fair. Balanced and Pricey
- News nets could be next players in carriage wars. Dempsey, John // Variety;2/27/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on a battle between cable networks and cable or satellite operators over fees and contracts. Cable operators and satellite broadcasters are preparing to keep cable network rate increases to the low single digits. Based on a formula that links cable network revenue to ratings,...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p19
Presents statistics on the cable broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of July 2004 from Nielsen Media Research. Household ranking for commercial television stations; Subscription rates for cable and direct broadcast satellite services; Ratings per share of prime time television programs.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/18/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 16, p15
Presents charts on the performance of the television broadcasting industry in Flint, Michigan as of February 2005. Television stations; Cable and direct broadcast satellite television; Ratings of several television programs.
- CABLE TV. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/12/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p14
Presents update on the cable television industry of the United States as of June 12, 2000. Subscriber mark hit by ESPN2; Growth in customer base of DirecTV; Lawsuit filed by USA Networks against the World Wrestling Federation.
- Five Cablers In Top 10 Dip in May. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p20
Reports that five of the top ten basic-cable networks in the United States suffered drops in primetime ratings in May 2000, according to Nielsen Media Research. Turner Network Television; `Big Three' broadcast networks; USA Network; TBS Superstation and Nickelodeon.
- Pax TV households fall hard in latest Nielsen data. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;09/28/98, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p6
Provides information on the ratings performance of startup cable television network PAX TV by Nielsen Media Research. Average rating for the week of September 14-20, 1998; Range of market share.
- 50 people's choice top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p59
Presents a chart listing the top 50 people's choice cable shows in the United States, as ranked by Nielsen Media Research for the week April 7-13, 1997. Survey as encompassing 97 million television households; Includes the programs `Titanic: Anatomy of a Disaster,' `World Champ Wrestling,' and...
- Measure for measure. Sharkey, Betsy // MediaWeek;3/11/96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the inclusion of Network One in Nielsen Media Research's television audience measurement ratings for the first time since it was launched in December 1993. Projected increase in market penetration of Network One in 1996 as a result of affiliate agreements; Cooperation between Network...
- Nielsen Software Glitch Delays May Cable Nos. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p3
Reports on Nielsen Media Research's miscalculation of distribution numbers for individual cable television networks in the United States in May 2000. Delay in the release of cable ratings; Discovery of defects in software.